Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica new album.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Doctor J wrote: »
    Top Hat, October 1988 ;)

I remember this gig..... it was all very VERy surreal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even rmember getting the bootleg tapes of it afterwards cos I wasn't quite sure what I had heard, as this gig really got me into Metallica!!!!

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think I still have that tape in my folks house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i saw the last three gigs in the RDS, unbelievable! just completely blew me away, if (and when) they come back again i will be there again no doubt! on the last tour wereva they went they played a new song off the new album...except ireland where they played whiskey, i was still very happy (even tho het f*cked up the lyrics, that was soooo funny)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

At one of the gigs in the point a light engineer 'fell' from the scaffolding in front of us. He had a tether so didn't hit the floor.
    I still don't know whether it was planned or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

kbannon wrote: »
    That was a great gig and had Danzig supporting.
    IIRC it was not long after Slayer (with Nuclear Assault) played there!

yeah Slayer was on 12th Sep 1988 - still my fav gig ever, not the best performance ever not the best sound ever just something that really worked for me....unbelieveably I missed out on Metallica gigs until 1999 in the Point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Top Hat, October 1988 ;)

I could literally feel my fillings shaking in my mouth with the wooden floor.

That was a great night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

I missed the '88 Top Hat gig, but have caught them every time since with the exception of one of the RDS dates (the middle one - '05?). I still think '92 in the Point is pretty much unbeatable. A lot of that could be due to being the first time I saw them though. On the other hand, seeing MoP performed in its entirety was pretty cool too...

I'm looking forward to the new album anyway. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

At one of the gigs in the point a light engineer 'fell' from the scaffolding in front of us. He had a tether so didn't hit the floor.

Yeah, if you can sit through the dreadful Cunning Stunts dvd they had a few different accident gimmicks for that tour, on the dvd he goes on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, if you can sit through the dreadful Cunning Stunts dvd they had a few different accident gimmicks for that tour, on the dvd he goes on fire.

I love that dvd. Prob is got me really into them. One lad goes on fire, another lad falls from the scaffolding and a tower thing falls over. Quite cool looking, specially the backstage stuff on it!

Getting to see them at least once this summer(that should be enough). Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

at the time they done that in dublin most people didn't realise it was part of the show. these were the days before the internet forums/metontour,these days we know the setlist as it's played. the only info you got was from kerrang/metal hammer/rip. that gig is one of my favourite metallica gigs,stunts aside they put n a great show. i like the "in the round" set up,great view for everyone and crush up front isn't as bad
    :cool:

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    i like the "in the round" set up,great view for everyone and crush up front isn't as bad
    :cool:

i agree, i think that bands should go back to the in the round set up for most gigs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I read on another forum recently about a rumoured Metallica gig in the National Stadium in September!? Whether it's indoors or outdoors I don't know....?

Personally, I smell bulls**t.

RDS again, methinks?

I read on another forum recently about a rumoured Metallica gig in the National Stadium in September!? Whether it's indoors or outdoors I don't know....?

RDS again, methinks?

yeah more thna likely they will do the rds again, they like that venue!

RDS again, methinks?

national stadium:eek:

methinks someone was pulling your leg. that's a small little indoor venue off the south circular used mainly for boxing last i heard. the sfx was a better venue;)

not sure if dublin's getting a gig this year,i reckon they've only 2 or 3 left to announce. would love if they did though,they're taking machine head with them,savage line-up,metallica and machine head ***drools***:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Wasnt the SFX closed down? Metallica did actually play there in 1986 about 2 weeks before Cliff Burton died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

national stadium:eek:

methinks someone was pulling your leg. that's a small little indoor venue off the south circular used mainly for boxing last i heard. the sfx was a better venue;)

not sure if dublin's getting a gig this year,i reckon they've only 2 or 3 left to announce. would love if they did though,they're taking machine head with them,savage line-up,metallica and machine head ***drools***:D

they haven't been here in 2 years, so I'd say that we will be getting a gig......? RDS would be the most likely venue, but this is Metallica, so ye'd never know what they'll do.........?

*petitions for national concert hall with the dublin city orchestra or the rte one! S&M 2!!! :D

*petitions for national concert hall with the dublin city orchestra or the rte one! S&M 2!!! :D

lol. i can just see them belting out frantic with an orchestra in tow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

A 3 page thread on Metallica and not one argument about whether Megadeth are better than Metallica, or whether Metallica ripped off Dave Mustaine?

We've progessed so much as a forum!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

1999 in the Point was my first gig. It was Freakin amazing. However, It was outflanked by 2003 in terms of the relief of seeing them play again. Wembley setlist last year was by far and away the best I have ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Paligulus wrote: »
    A 3 page thread on Metallica and not one argument about whether Megadeth are better than Metallica, or whether Metallica ripped off Dave Mustaine?

We've progessed so much as a forum!!!!

Metallica....and they didn't...stir,stir, stir:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Motherpuncher

Hope the new album aint a pile of balls like the last one . That is all .....

lol. i can just see them belting out frantic with an orchestra in tow.:D

couldnt you just imagine a string section playin the tune "frantic tic tic tic tic tic tock" :D

couldnt you just imagine a string section playin the tune "frantic tic tic tic tic tic tock" :D

some would argue it would sound better than the original. lol.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sure, if the orchestra drowned out metallica.

sorry, uber-fanz I just hate that song so much.

sure, if the orchestra drowned out metallica.

sorry, uber-fanz I just hate that song so much.

most of the big fans, like myself, hate that song too! its not metallica as we know them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah yeah, we're big 'fans' but i included the z in 'fanz' to more properly speak to the st anger generation.

's |33+

ah yeah, we're big 'fans' but i included the z in 'fanz' to more properly speak to the st anger generation.

ah i sees, kudos my fellow metal Militia member!

st. anger generation lol. even the kidz wouldn't like to be called that.:p

• Advertisement

i was waklin thru town yesterday and i saw a guy wearin a metallica t shirt sayin "ah yeee oi loive metallica.......*starts singin st anger*"

sigh:rolleyes:

Advertisement