Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica new album.....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

i was waklin thru town yesterday and i saw a guy wearin a metallica t shirt sayin "ah yeee oi loive metallica.......*starts singin st anger*"

sigh:rolleyes:

So? Nothing wrong with that. If he likes them he likes them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Doctor J wrote: »
    Top Hat, October 1988 ;)

that long ago... i'm getting old..i bought cliff em all that year i think...man i can still remember walking up from the dart and passing the white tour bus..i was 15 and all cool with a can of carlsberg:cool:
    it was a great night.. jay newkid was with them...didn't glen danzig support them...
    do they still open shows with the ecstacy of gold??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

steveone wrote: »
    that long ago... i'm getting old..i bought cliff em all that year i think...man i can still remember walking up from the dart and passing the white tour bus..i was 15 and all cool with a can of carlsberg:cool:
    it was a great night.. jay newkid was with them...didn't glen danzig support them...
    do they still open shows with the ecstacy of gold??

Holy S**t. Is it THAT long since you've seen em???:eek: Yeah, they still use "Ecstasy Of Gold" as the intro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

September according to Lars!

http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/35019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I've totally lost faith in Metallica to come up with any new music that's worth hearing. I really wasn't impressed by Saint Anger and I was disgusted by the film Some Kind of Monster. It's just full of psychobabble and ****e-talking about their emotions. I think that bands have a peak in the quality of their music. Metallica peaked long ago. It's not their fault. I'm sure they work hard on their albums but the fire of youth is gone. Having said that, they can still put on a good show. I've seen them twice and i'd go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Metallica will only become interesting again if hetfield falls off the wagon.

Yikes that's harsh. It's true though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've totally lost faith in Metallica to come up with any new music that's worth hearing. I really wasn't impressed by Saint Anger and I was disgusted by the film Some Kind of Monster. It's just full of psychobabble and ****e-talking about their emotions. I think that bands have a peak in the quality of their music. Metallica peaked long ago. It's not their fault. I'm sure they work hard on their albums but the fire of youth is gone. Having said that, they can still put on a good show. I've seen them twice and i'd go again.
    I agree with the first part of your post. However, I would prefer to spend an evening listening to their first three or maybe four albums than pay to see them and hear the newer stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

http://www.metallica.com/

Look at what logo they are sporting on the .com page. Up until during the week they had the St. Anger styled art goin on.

Is the logo a hint or a sign of things to come from the new album?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Seen them twice, point in '96 and rds in '06, the sister see them in '86 in tophat, dun laoighre. Still a great band to see live even if what they have produced in the last 10 years is a bit s...... New album well, we will see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RINO87

yeah more thna likely they will do the rds again, they like that venue!

i dont know why, the RDS is sooooooo crap. sound is deploreable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Seen them twice, point in '96 and rds in '06, the sister see them in '86 in tophat, dun laoighre. Still a great band to see live even if what they have produced in the last 10 years is a bit s...... New album well, we will see.

Jeez the Tophat!! Some of my mates went to see Nirvana and Ozzy there back in the 80s/90s, used to go rollerskating there when I was a kid!! Pity its just an appartment block now!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Many of my buddies have said metallica would improve if hetfield was just given some vodka & sent on a hunting trip or three to siberia :D

I'm convinced the lack of updates on the album is because Rubin realised he's bitten off more than he can chew with them ...... I mean, the only tracks they play live now are 'hay-day' tracks. They seem to refuse to acknowledge St Anger tracks in their live set (I'm guessing they realised what we all knew ..... it was garbage!!!!)

I have given up hope of any new decent music from them - and will make do with Puppets etc & the old hits being cranked out at shows (although I wish they'd vary it more & play more of the less heard live tracks instead of the same 20 99% of the time!!!!!)

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

lord lucan wrote: »
    WHY? i hate U2 but i couldn't be arsed to find a U2 forum and sign up to it just to flame them,i've got more productive things to do with my time.

off topic i know, but i honestly can't imagine being so bland a human being as would actually sign up for a U2 forum full stop!

it never even occurred to me that they exist tbh, although given the vastness and wonder of the internet i'd imagine they must...

*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 chattyk

Hi - I used to work for Metallic in mid 90's and really and truly hand on heart they are just a genuine bunch of guys. I still keep in touch every now and then and always visit when I do to SF. I've heard a little bit from the new recordings and let me tell ya it's worth the wait. A lot of the problem is not with the band but getting Rick Rubin (who in my humble opinion is a bit of a prick, but a prick who knows how to get the best out of a band) committing himself. He has too many projects on at once (5 albums for big name bands). Het's voice sound better than ever and their energy levels are way up. I think a lot of this can be attributed to Rob even though he'd disagree cos he's so modest. He just seems to make it all click together. He's the perfect fit. Jason never really fit properly. He's a nice guy but his passion was elsewhere. It's not easy to cope with two giant egos like Het & lars.

Anyway new album - I personally reckon August/September just after the European tour. The last of the vocals are done and now it goes to pre-production. I have asked them if a Dublin gig is on the cards but they're keeping their mouths shut - which is not easy for Lars.

chattyk wrote: »
    Hi - I used to work for Metallic in mid 90's and really and truly hand on heart they are just a genuine bunch of guys. I still keep in touch every now and then and always visit when I do to SF. I've heard a little bit from the new recordings and let me tell ya it's worth the wait. A lot of the problem is not with the band but getting Rick Rubin (who in my humble opinion is a bit of a prick, but a prick who knows how to get the best out of a band) committing himself. He has too many projects on at once (5 albums for big name bands). Het's voice sound better than ever and their energy levels are way up. I think a lot of this can be attributed to Rob even though he'd disagree cos he's so modest. He just seems to make it all click together. He's the perfect fit. Jason never really fit properly. He's a nice guy but his passion was elsewhere. It's not easy to cope with two giant egos like Het & lars.

Anyway new album - I personally reckon August/September just after the European tour. The last of the vocals are done and now it goes to pre-production. I have asked them if a Dublin gig is on the cards but they're keeping their mouths shut - which is not easy for Lars.

Are you takin the p***? In what capacity did you work for them?? Can you divulge any details on the new album?? Song titles, sound etc???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

That sounds cool. August is not that long to wait.

That sounds cool. August is not that long to wait.

Lars says September on this site.

http://www.encycmet.com/news/2008-03-11b.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did people just skip my last post. Known for a while now that its September. they touring Europe then, so it'll bein the midle of that or end when its released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

chattyk wrote: »
    Jason never really fit properly. He's a nice guy but his passion was elsewhere. It's not easy to cope with two giant egos like Het & lars..

het has said on numerous interviews that they made life rediculously hard for jason when he came into the band, they treated him badly pretty much as a way to deal with cliffs passing. thats why het said they would be different when rob came on board, they have been and thats why imo the intensity and the music lovers in them are back!

Advertisement