Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city gym

Options
  • 27-01-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone know of any gyms around Thomondgate in Limerick? The Hilton Hotel is the close by, but I don't know if it has a gym. Anyone go there? Is there a gym in LIT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The Hilton gym is terrible, it has virtually no weights apart from a wall of dumbbells. There is no bench press FFS. Plus its exactly twice the price of JJB. The pool looks nice, but its not worth that insane cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I find the grove island gym quite good value,it's only 400 a year and the facilities are fairly good.bit of a walk from thomondgate tho.
    LIT has no gym unfortunately,well,not that ive heard of neway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

GreenHills hotel has a gym and its not too far away. Favourable rates for students as well afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Personally I would drive or get a bus out to JJB if I were the OP.

It is worth the effort and would be better, in my opinion, than anything out by where the OP is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

LIT used to have a number of machines, treadmills, dumbells, etc on the balcony overlooking their sports hall. Not sure what the story with that is now, but it would be worth inquiring about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Kess73 wrote: »
    Personally I would drive or get a bus out to JJB if I were the OP.

It is worth the effort and would be better, in my opinion, than anything out by where the OP is coming from.
    Ya agreed, I got the bus into Limerick from hospital (took 50mins on the bloody bus like) just to go to JJB's gym and it was damn well worth it, now I have my own car and can make it in 20mins but I was only doing it for the summer but might do it again this summer

Advertisement