Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suits in stores - best make/brand-

• 27-01-2008 9:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭

hi there,

i would like to ask people, who would be in the know as to the best suits (value for money,style, quality etc) one can get in retail stores.

i have heard that going to a tailor is normally better but i doubt i have or willing to shell out that much money ...yet

i have a couple of suits for work - a 3 piece Remus Umo is my favourite.

i am between the 23-25 yr gap and not particularily fussed over the brand so long as i like it, any probably would pay between €200-€450 for a really good suit.

i am wondering, from yer experiences which brand/or particular material do yer normally look for or buy? (i know it all depends on sizes, colour etc, just looking for advice as i HATE shopping, guiding through some of the web sites dont help either - bloody zoolander posers)

which brands tend to be the best? are 3 pieces a big no-no?(not that it really matters cause they are quite smart in imo)

thanks in advance for the reply

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

I normally have a look at any Strellson offerings as they tend to be very well cut and a decent cloth. Hard to get them at a reasonable price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Three pieces are very old fashioned, wouldn't be a goer in general and they'll actually be hard to get. What body type are you cause that makes a difference as to who to go with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I know plenty of guys who have bought suits from Marks & Spencers.

They look well in them and they seem to get great wear out of them.

3 Piece definitely not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Have a look at the Carl Gross range. Arnotts do them as do Lynch's Camden Street. Not sure where else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Marks & Spencers Collezione are generally very good suits. you'll also get stuff like Daks which is a quality British tailor and Duffer of St George (can be hit and miss depending on material) in TK Maxx in that price range. Hugo Boss suits in the sale would be around that price. Carl Gross stuff is okay too.
    Best thing to do though is if you're going or know somebody going to the States get them to bring one back for you. you can get a Ralph Lauren one in somewhere like Filene's Basement for e150 or a Valentino one for about e300.

• Advertisement
Advertisement