Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Webmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Some of these things are matters of preference.

If you use full urls including your domain, then if someone scrapes (copies) your content onto their spam-blog then at least you'll have a link back at the original (can establish original content), so I would go with the full http:// url particularly on link to homepage if nothing else.

My preference for default pages in a directory root e.g. "/index.php", "/index.html", etc is to refer to them only as "/". That way you have only one version of the page for google to index and give PR to (because they can sometimes see "/index.php" and "/" as different pages - depending on if you've registered & setup with Webmaster Central)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah I would agree with Trojan.

But the key point is the link to the homepage - always use the full URL when linking to the homepage.

Advertisement