Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suitable device for reps

• 27-01-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm hoping somebody with experience in this situation is out there to help me make a decision on this. What I need to decide on is a device for our reps to use while on the road to input orders. The software side of things is all taken care of, the job at hand is to pick a device be it Palm, Symbian or Windows Mobile. As regards the amount of data to enter in the field, it comes down to picking a product from a list of 100 or so and designating an amount, possibly typing some notes with each order making a keyboard desirable. The device will also be picking up emails and replying to them.

Originally when handed the project my first thought was to pick some nice Ipaq or HTC device and all finished in time for lunch - but the more I look into it the more Palm 650's and more recently the 680's seem to be what are commonly used in the field by other major companies. Is there a particular reason companies use Palms, more robust and reliable? Nice and easy to use? I notice reps from companies like Diageo / Glaxo Smith-Kline / Nestle to mention a few are using Palms. So i figure these companies have run trials and these devices have come out top.

One major concern I have with going with Palms (specifically the ones running palm os) is are they going to exist in a year or two?
    Is Palm moving its devices to windows based only?
    If Palms are not the way forward what do you recommend?

Hope my ramblings are not too confusing, if anyone could help me with any of the above questions i would be very appreciative.

Jason

Advertisement