Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining Sports Club Mid-Year - Help?

Options
  • 27-01-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

I'd like to start playing some sport in ucd, something relatively informal, a once or twice a week thing...since the freshers sign up time has passed, i was wondering if anyone knows how i could go about it. Can i just show up now or do all the clubs have their teams set up for the year or what? I'd be interested in football or maybe a martial art, not sure really, just something to get me moving again.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Anyone know if they are they still doing Refresher's Day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

yeah think refreshers day is thursday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ferdi wrote: »
    I'd like to start playing some sport in ucd, something relatively informal, a once or twice a week thing...since the freshers sign up time has passed, i was wondering if anyone knows how i could go about it. Can i just show up now or do all the clubs have their teams set up for the year or what? I'd be interested in football or maybe a martial art, not sure really, just something to get me moving again.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

most sports clubs seem to be happy to let new members join at anytime of the year, too many new members from freshers week don't last beyond October so fresh faces are usually welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Refreshers Day.

31st January

Astra Hall

12 noon to 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

hey, if youre interested do dodgeball, its damn good exercise and we only do it for the fun, nothing serious about it at all, its only on twice a week, 4pm monday and 5pn wednesday. It will defo get you moving,

plenty of weekends away too, competitions etc,

• Advertisement
Advertisement