Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone trouble?

• 27-01-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I recently bought an iphone from New York which arrived last week and I'm getting it unlocked tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has had difficulty in unblocking or using their phone etc
    Also I heard that I might have to switch to bill pay in order for it to work sufficiently. Although this wasn't from a very reliable source so if anyone could let me know if that's true or not I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

How's it being unlocked for you? Using a special sim card or by hardware (open the case, join pins on the board and erasing the bootloader)?

The only current sim that won't work are Network 3 Sims. Any from O2, Voda, Meteor will be fine.

The best option is to do the unlock yourself, it's not hard there are dozens of tutorials. The best place for the Special sims are ebay where you can get them for about 20 dollars (I got three in auction, 1@16 dollars, 1@14 dollars and one at .63$ !!)

Cheerio
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Aved

I think it's being done by hardware. I'm with O2 so hopefully I should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Moving to mobiles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mine works fine on meteor Pay as you go don't think theres any need to change to bill.

If i was you i wouldn't go down the whole unlocking route. Last week a new covering became available to purchase in Dublin City Centre that goes over your own Sim Card making the iphone think your on AT&T without having to unlock it at all. Probably still have to jailbreak it but thats a one click operation anyway.

If your paying somebody to unlock it for you i'd suggest that you google this sim covering thing first. Although its fairly pricy (€150 Dublin CC) afaik it enables the phone to be upgraded to the latest software without worrying about bricking it.

...Just a suggestion.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement