Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game to Freak You Out

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I cant believe no one has mention Thief Deadly Shadows namely Shalebridge Cradle level - IMO the scariest level ever committed to gaming!!! am i alone??

aswell as
    all of System Shock 2
    parts of Half Life 1/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I have to agree on System Shock 2, one of my favourite games ever. Very bloody freaky.

Have only played the first silent hill game, which was awesome, is the second one really that good? Don't have a ps2 so I'd have to get the xbox version to play on my 360. Was thinking of getting Project Zero as well but not sure if it's backward compatible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have only played the first silent hill game, which was awesome, is the second one really that good? Don't have a ps2 so I'd have to get the xbox version to play on my 360.

Yes it really is that good, phenomenal game. The story is so much better, very abstract but makes a lot of sense. None of the cult storyline that the rest of the series uses, it's more like a standalone game and the series really should have followed it's lead. I'd check that it works with the 360 first. The xbox version is probably the one to go for since it has an extra chapter added on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

hmmm, according to the official xbox compatibilty list it is, worryingly the wikipedia list says that only the US ntsc version is backwards compatible.

Goddamnit. Ah well, there's a pc version, guess i'll find a copy of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh never knew silent hill 2 came out on the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

hmmm, according to the official xbox compatibilty list it is, worryingly the wikipedia list says that only the US ntsc version is backwards compatible.

This it the PAL/UK list:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm
    It has the same disclaimer about the US version being the only BC one, unfortunately :(

The PC version is good too though, I think it's the same as the Xbox version (has the extra Maria section).
    Absolutely fantastic game, probably one of my all time faves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

koneko wrote: »
    This it the PAL/UK list:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm
    It has the same disclaimer about the US version being the only BC one, unfortunately :(

Most of that list is utter lies as well. Panzer Dragoon Orta crashes after level 3 and Outrun 2006 crashes after 30 minutes like clockwork.

Advertisement