Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats on Pulse

• 27-01-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to see the info held on you by the pulse system?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I doubt it but maybe under freedom of information you may make a request.

TO be honest not alot of detail is stored on the pulse system unless you have been charged with a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have worked in shops for about 15 years and my name and DOB has been taken loads of times when I have arrested shoplifters. Recently a guard was able to tell me of a shop I worked in five years ago and now has set me thinking....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No, that should only be kept on the data in relation to the person that was caught. I used to work in the Department of Justice and had contact with the gardai on a daily basis. I was given access to pulse and checked for anything on me and there was nothing at all even though I have been in a similar situation to yourself and even had searches of my car/apartment by gardai.

Maybe the guard ust remembered you from 5 years previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you own guns you are very much in pulse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CelloPoint

If a garda accesses pulse are his details and access date/time stored?

This ought to be the case as it would disincentivise guards snooping on their old school buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

CelloPoint wrote: »
    If a garda accesses pulse are his details and access date/time stored?
    Yes they are.
    This ought to be the case as it would disincentivise guards snooping on their old school buddies.
    Don't know if that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

CelloPoint wrote: »

There should be an automatic log of who enters the PULSE system generated when a username & password is entered. It also helps stop leaks to the press with high profile matters.

For instance: When a certain person won the €115m Euro lottery her personal dealings with social services, prior to her win, appeared in the press. A few people from social services got into a spot of bother afterwards because of audit trails i.e. leaks to the press for a bung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I doubt it but maybe under freedom of information you may make a request.
    Garda do not come under FOI as far as I know. Data Protection Act instead at
    http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2d.htm&CatID=17&m=r

And pulse at http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=112 and http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=466

Advertisement