Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watercooled their Xbox 360?

Options
  • 27-01-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone has done this? I'm considering doing it to one my 360s as it's just too loud to play late at night without waking people up. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Seems a bit OTT to be honest.

Although look here

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEVpZZAklllHlcrxQY.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah I read a few of the threads on that site today, some good stuff. A lot of what they've done is overkill tbh, I'd be using a pre-built external kit.

Just bought the equipment I need for this. I'll post pics when finished. :D

Stuff arrived and have got the 360 opened up. Thermal paste on the gpu and cpu was almost dry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

What cooling kit are you using Kenny?

• Advertisement

Using this external one http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=318827 and the X-matic cooling block for 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Cool, let us know how you get on with it, and how loud the watercooler is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

What in the name of god have i stumbled upon?? You ****ing nerds actually attach liquid colling systems to computers!! That makes me so ****ing angry!

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    Just wondering is anyone has done this? I'm considering doing it to one my 360s as it's just too loud to play late at night without waking people up. :(

How many do you have?? Surely one is enough! I am in a blind rage here!

Kernel wrote: »
    Cool, let us know how you get on with it, and how loud the watercooler is.

Yeah will do man.
    Jrad wrote: »
    What in the name of god have i stumbled upon?? You ****ing nerds actually attach liquid colling systems to computers!! That makes me so ****ing angry!

Like I said before, it's too loud, this is to make it quieter. Not doing it just to see if it can be done, I know it can be done but this mod serves a purpose.
    How many do you have?? Surely one is enough! I am in a blind rage here!

I have 2, 1 PAL premium & 1 NTSC-US arcade........what seems to be the problem? Surely I can spend my money however I like?

I also have a PS3, are you mad over that too? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah, suppose so. Sorry bout that! Good man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

WTF? His money, his console, why does it make you angry??

Really cant stand idiots like you

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Leave the guy alone. He is not an idiot just because he doesnt see the merit in console modding. I know a lot of people who were frankly scared when I mentioned that I had chipped a few consoles. I think they slept clinging onto their xboxes that night. I guess with PC modding, its so common now that everyone knows about it. Console modding, well its still a surprise to some people that it can be done at all.
    I lvoe the idea of this water cooled xbox though. Hope it works out for you and I want a runbook with lots and lots of piccies. And a spare 360.

And a blowjob.

Yeah, I apologised didnt I?
    I dont think its nice to call someone an idiot!

I understand that he may not see the merit in console modding, but what I dont understand is why he feels to insult the guy that is doing the modding.

Comments like "im in a blind rage here" and "im so ****ing angry", why post in a console modding forum if it enrages you??

Worse than trolling IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

seriously take a shot of gear and calm down sally sensitive...

haha lets not get all e-rage

i would have been someone very scared and nvr consider doing anything to a console, but this is really interesting.

let us know how you get on

LOL..........you guys ruined my thread :p I've to get different tubing then I've got. So it's on hold atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You think this is a ruined thread, check this out!

first 3 replies are about the topic, the other 18 or so are about something else, talk about thread stealing lol!

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I understand that he may not see the merit in console modding, but what I dont understand is why he feels to insult the guy that is doing the modding.

Comments like "im in a blind rage here" and "im so ****ing angry", why post in a console modding forum if it enrages you??

Worse than trolling IMO.

No one cares about your opinion, and your parents told me they think you are a (unt!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Any update Kenny??

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Any update Kenny??

Need to get smaller tubing. The one I got is too big. Will sit down for a day next week and finish it off.

Cool, can't wait too see pics.

No one cares about your opinion, and your parents told me they think you are a (unt!

Post reported.

Sorry for dragging your thread off topic kenny, hows the mod coming along?

Have you ever seen the Xbox that M3rl1n from GHM modded?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ive seen that guy a few times...specially at ghm...

id wel lguess that guy would have enough time on his hands to do something ridic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KKer

Awesome thread man. I never realised you could do things like this to a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KKer

Why the hell would you post on the console modding forum if it made you so mad?

Kker, the guy got banned. This thread has been pulled off topic enough! Its actually a pity. I thought Jrad was pretty funny. Cant believe he C worded up the place. But yeah, Kenny5. How goes it? Any updates? Maybe furnish us with other modding ideas floating around your brain while we wait for news and instructions.
    Please teach me how to void my warranty!

here we go.
    **grabs popcorn**
    Post reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dogboyham

You are reporting your own post? Youre strict!

• Advertisement

How goes it? Any updates? Maybe furnish us with other modding ideas floating around your brain while we wait for news and instructions.

Hopefully picking up some new tubing today. I've no other ideas as to modding, I'm doing this from a practicality point of view, not just because you can watercool it.

Advertisement