Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Corp Cadetship.

• 27-01-2008 10:57pm

I saw the advertisement for the cadetships, thought I'd apply.
    There isn't an application for the Air Corp, and the information booklet doesn't download properly. :s
    Whats the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

They do not have enough instructors. As a result, the current 2 classes are behind schedule on their training and it's causing major headaches. So this year, instead of adding to the problem, they are running more instructors courses to get people qualified to instruct. The competition SHOULD be back next year.

Feck....thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Watcher365

Miss No Stars,
    I really would like to know where you got that info. The real reason for there being no cadetship in the Air Corps this year is the fact that the establishment for pilots in the Air Corps has been reached. This is coupled with the likely change to a system whereby the cadets will complete the full army cadetship prior to the wings course. The gap in intakes will then prevent issues arising with regard to seniority. The reason why the Air Corps cadetships are taking longer these days is primarily due to the changeover to the new training system of the PC9M. Yes, the new cadetship is much longer than the Army cadetship but is still one of the shortest flying cadetships in Europe. The average cadetship in Europe resulting in the presentation of wings and a degree is approximately 4 years long, sometimes more.

Also, the Air Corps does not suffer from a lack of flying instructors, the Flying Training School meets its establishment and therefore is not understaffed.
    For your info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

Advertisement