Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Honda Accord its official --video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i like it, still got the agressive lines from the current model, which i have and love. so if mr bank manger likes me i may get one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭youtheman

I have a 2004 Accord (petrol). I love it, and it's due for replacement in September of this year. I note that the 2.2D has a very low CO2 figure, so it may drop approx 6% and end up around the same price as my current car.

I love the current Accord, but the electrics must have been designed by an apprentice.

1. when I got the car I had to send it back as the lights dipped every time the a/c kicked in. The first time it happemed I thought I had blown a bulb. They tested the car in the garage, and compared it to another car in the lot, and apparently it's a 'feature' of the car. So I have to live with it. Wondering if anyone else has noticed it (maybe it's the engineer in me).

2. the controls for the electric windows really bug me. In my last car if I activated the override switch then it only worked on the back windows (maybe even the passenger). But in the Accord if I switch on the override then it overrides even my own switch. So If the kids are messing in the back I have to over ride the system, wait for them to stop messing, switch the over ride off, then close their window and then switch the over rode on again. Small thing I know, but not what I would expect from the Japanese.

ive an 04 accord, an never had one prob with the electrics. yea i noticed the override button for the windows but never bothered me.

Do you drive with the a/c on all the time?. I do.

I even put a voltmeter on the system and there is approx 1.5 volt drop every time it kicks in. Maybe it's confined to a 'batch' of cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

"1. when I got the car I had to send it back as the lights dipped every time the a/c kicked in. The first time it happemed I thought I had blown a bulb. They tested the car in the garage, and compared it to another car in the lot, and apparently it's a 'feature' of the car. So I have to live with it. Wondering if anyone else has noticed it (maybe it's the engineer in me)."

To clarify, do the lights "dim" ie go a little duller or do they switch from main beam to dip beam?

• Advertisement

yea ive the a/c on, and satnav and i dont see any change in the eletrics.

They actually dim because of the voltage drop. I've only noticed it on dipped lights (I drive mostly in the city so it's mostly with dipped lights).

I've had only one passenger notice it, and he would be what I consider to be very technical. At least this proved that I wasn't cracking up.

well ill check tomorrow mornin when im driving to work if i think of it. still i wanna get the new model when its out

Don't want to make you paranoid. If you haven't noticed it by now then it's hardly a problem with your model.

Any idea of when the new model hits the Irish show rooms?.

1.5V is a big drop.

When the A/C kicks in the only additional direct electrical load is the solenoid that engages the pump pulley - not sure what the typical load is TBH but would doubt it should cause such a large volt drop.

Do the lamps dim momentarily or do they stay dimmed? ie is it a delayed response to the increased load by the alternator or is it a capacity issue?

Modern alternators are often controlled by the engine ECU.

• Advertisement

They dip for a fraction of a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Hu?
    That's not a Honda Accord that is a BMW 3 series E36.

Edit: Yeah alright that was after the ad...

"They dip for a fraction of a second." (my emphasis)

Standard stuff IMHO, nothing to get spun up over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

dessierb wrote: »
    check out the latest tease from honda..the new accord
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/featuresvideos/215481/honda_accord.html

nice, also i see the car in the video is artic blue pearl,, nice,,

im gonna trade my current accord 07 type s for the new accord

maybe

1. top spec diesel auto, estate, with every extra

or
    2. petrol auto biggest engine avail top spec ( :p gives the fingers to gormley):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

youtheman wrote: »
    They dip for a fraction of a second.

Same thing happened on a Toyota I owned. Wouldn't worry about it.

Oilrig wrote: »
    "They dip for a fraction of a second." (my emphasis)

Standard stuff IMHO, nothing to get spun up over.

Check car this mornin, no probs with my lights etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭thetaxman

looks like a nice ride

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

More photos released:
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_241173_25.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_241170_25.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_241158_25.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

youtheman wrote: »
    Do you drive with the a/c on all the time?. I do.

Having your A/C on all the time affects your fuel economy, especially on short journeys. 10 to 20% from what I've read online...

If you were driving in the blazing heat in the states or somewhere on the motorway, it makes sense to have it on as having the windows open actually creates more drag and the engine has to work harder etc than if you had the A/C on.

Just something to think about..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think he means leaving it on auto all the time. On most hondas that means the a/c compressor will kick in whenever its necessary to maintain the temperature.

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    I think he means leaving it on auto all the time. On most hondas that means the a/c compressor will kick in whenever its necessary to maintain the temperature.

Ah right... that makes more sense :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

i like the look of the 04 tto present accord, what is better petrol or deisel? which would be more economical?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The diesel, by far. My ould fella gets 55+ mpg from the 2.2 diesel. The 2.4vtec is fun I'm sure but putting petrol into it will make you cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Having your A/C on all the time affects your fuel economy, especially on short journeys. 10 to 20% from what I've read online...

If you were driving in the blazing heat in the states or somewhere on the motorway, it makes sense to have it on as having the windows open actually creates more drag and the engine has to work harder etc than if you had the A/C on.

Just something to think about..

As you said youself, opening windows on a hot day wastes as much fuel as having aircon on. Bareing this in mind, why would anyone want opened windows on a hot day instead of turning on the aircon?

And of course aircon acts as a dehumidifier in the winter, so it is extremely useful at this time of year as well.

E92 wrote: »
    As you said youself, opening windows on a hot day wastes as much fuel as having aircon on. Bareing this in mind, why would anyone want opened windows on a hot day instead of turning on the aircon?

And of course aircon acts as a dehumidifier in the winter, so it is extremely useful at this time of year as well.

Yeah aircon is a life saver this time of year as well. Got it in my new car :D

If I don't need the aircon on, i'll turn it off. I thought from his post that he had it on all the time no matter what the conditions are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

how much for one of these in Japan? moving there soon, need to bring a motor back home....

so many cars going through my mind mostly hondas:D

how much for one of these in Japan? moving there soon, need to bring a motor back home....

so many cars going through my mind mostly hondas:D

You lucky person. Great place!!!!

Had a look at the new 2008 Accord on various web sites. They seem to have done away with the indicators in the door mirrors. Shame really, I awlays thought it was a nice feature. Functional and stylish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They seem to have done away with the indicators in the door mirrors.

I thought legislation had changed over there recently, but separate indicator repeaters are not a requirement in Japan. They usually have them integrated into the sidelights (i.e. a little bit sticking out) on cars where sidelights exist. So when it comes to Europe it still may have them.

Also, anyone noticed the new US Accord while searching for this? Yuck

• Advertisement

in one of those vid i saw indicators in the side mirrors, but they seemed hidden

Advertisement