Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RROD Questions

• 27-01-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

I'm curious about this, got an Elite at christmas and touch wood it won't happen to me (really hope i'm not tempting faith here). But for those it has happened to, were you playing it excessively, I probably play about an hour a day and it's in a fairly open place so plenty of ventilation. Is it a case that you have faulty hardware in yours and no matter what it's going to happen at some point or does the condidtions, ie on for at least 12 hours solid daily and not well ventilated cause it to happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I've got a premium i bought on release day and its still going great, it gets a good bit of useage anything from 1 hour to 5 hours a day between dvds and gaming, i reckon i got lucky with it, as almost everyone else i know with one has had to send it back, i reckon you will be grand with the elite as they have ironed out the problems by adding a new heatsink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Had a premium for a year and a half, no problems. Laying on it's side, well ventilated. Packed it up gently to trade it in for an elite two months ago and it was RROD'ed when it was taken out of the box at the other end.

So moving it caused mine to fail. It's back now and I've had no problems since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

The RROD seems to happen totally randomely

It could happen straight out of the box or 6-12 months into its live
    I know people who barely played theirs and had to send it back

I had mine 15 months now and its still working perfect but i know that it could possibly happen tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Had mine for about a year rarely used it screen turn all green(which I later found out to be an early sign of thr RROD). I sent it away and got it back two week later all seem grand so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I have mine over two years and it still works pretty ok.

The thing about the xbox is that it is guaranteed to die eventually, even mine stalls or freezes randomly sometimes. Microsoft even went so far as to extend the warranty to three years from one year, such is the fallibility of the 360.

I wouldn't worry about it getting massive amounts of ventilation etc, the thing is load and overheats slightly but it does that no mater what space you have it in I have found. Just accept that it's the same as any piece of technology and treat it with some respect and it should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

have a read of the link in this thread here

Advertisement