Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL vegan

Options
  • 28-01-2008 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

I'm slowly trying to cut all meat out of my diet. Anyway, a good friend who is a lifelong vegetarian sent me this link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

That's a good article!
    One thing that helped me was reading "Skinny Bitch" and if they're writing "Skinny Bastard", I'm very much looking forward to reading that. "Skinny Bitch" is obviously aimed at women but there's an awful lot of good stuff in there and it's real no-nonsense stuff.

Congrats on the decision to cut meat from your diet! You won't regret it and you'll feel the benefits in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 adamao

Yeah nice article, we definitely need more athletes to come out and try the vegan diet. It's pretty hard to explain how much better you can make yourself feel phsically just by dropping the meat from your diet.

Anyway, I need to look up this China Study book..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Nice article :) thanks for posting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ladyA

I read 'Skinny Bitch' also and thought it would be a load of rubbish but there was actually some great info in it and it is the reason why I turned vegetarian and now trying vegan. I read it every now and then for inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

It's an interesting article. I was a little disappointed that the vegan nutritionist suggested he include chicken and fish in his diet, along with fish oils, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I wonder are there any GAA vegans?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Nature Boy wrote: »
    I wonder are there any GAA vegans?? :D
    Or Premiership players :eek:
    I remember Graham Le Saux got terrible abuse just for reading The Guardian.

Advertisement