Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any chance of good trade in value?

• 28-01-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Got some games lieing around and after deciding not to go through ebay ( due to paypal now taking a very large chunk) I've had my listing on boards for some time.

Want to ship em quick.

Now I have this stanrch aproach to trading in shops, ever since smyths offered me 1.30 cents for a ps2 game...I never returned to even ask.

But i have a number of games which I'm selling at a great price, but no one wants. Against gamestop and the likes, my prices are 50% cheaper if not more.

So heres my list just wna know if its worth my effort going into try...i dont want to lumber them around town.

The Darkness - €30
    Project Gotham Racing 3 - €20
    Dead Rising - €20
    Splinter Cell double agent - €20
    FEAR - €20
    Forza 2 - €25
    Assassins Creed - €45
    Tenchu Z - €20
    Gears of War - €20
    Pro evo 6 - €20

240 total

i wont let them take em for less then 200.

Am i just in wishful thinking of is there a possability.

Considering they sell the darkness at 55.00 and the likes, id love for them to say 14 euro or somthing and then watch me snap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

well i bought gears nd splinter cell for round 20 quid each second hand in either gamestop r xtravision so u can xpect t only recieve bout a tener for each of em at very best....any1 kno the trade in price on assassins creed? finnishd it and wana know of its worth trading in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gamestop i think its 25-30...which is shocking.

im gna hold out and just keep adverts.ie them or word of mouth.

i cant believe people actually give them business doing that

if they didnt, and had a bit of sense, gamestop would be forced to lower new merchandise price or go outa business

both scenarios good for all imo..

i find it hilarious that the two big "gaming" shops have the highest prices (game,gamestop)

while the cheapest is the grocers ( tesco) and the house shop ( argos)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I just traded in Assassins creed for €35 in xtra vision, and that was against a game. No way would you get €45 cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Did you mean PGR4?

Since it's over 2 years old, I'd be surprised if any shop offered you more than a tenner for PGR3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Project Gotham 3 trades (Gamestop) for €3.50 cash
    Dead rising would be the same as PGR3
    Gears of war trades for €6 cash
    Assassins Creed is 25-30 afaik.
    Splinter Cell Double Agent is the same as Gears at 6 euro cash or 8 euro store credit.

Yes the money is sh!t I know. Whatever figure you had in your head forget about it, sell the games privately (on boards for example) if you can, because trading them into stores is just giving away games for very little cash.

(these figures come from trading in these games myself about two weeks ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

your prices are too high to be honest but sometimes xtravision/smyths/gamespot do deals where two games plus a tenner equals new game. I traded lego star wars and table tennis for halo 3 like that in xtravision. They seem to offer the best on trade ins. Traded mercury meltdown + 15 euro for super mario galaxy there too

otherwise try avforums.com. I sold the darknesss couple months ago for 20 sterling. With the exchange rate thats over 30 euro even taking out the couple euro postage. Use a regular envelope with padding around the disc as an post charge more for posting a jiffy bag.

you could also try buyandsell.

Assasins creed was 33.50 on the zavvi website at the weekend so I ordered it!
    Got some games lieing around and after deciding not to go through ebay ( due to paypal now taking a very large chunk) I've had my listing on boards for some time.

Want to ship em quick.

Now I have this stanrch aproach to trading in shops, ever since smyths offered me 1.30 cents for a ps2 game...I never returned to even ask.

But i have a number of games which I'm selling at a great price, but no one wants. Against gamestop and the likes, my prices are 50% cheaper if not more.

So heres my list just wna know if its worth my effort going into try...i dont want to lumber them around town.

The Darkness - €30
    Dead Rising - €20
    Splinter Cell double agent - €20
    FEAR - €20
    Forza 2 - €25
    Assassins Creed - €45
    Tenchu Z - €20
    Gears of War - €20
    Pro evo 6 - €20

240 total

i wont let them take em for less then 200.

Am i just in wishful thinking of is there a possability.

Considering they sell the darkness at 55.00 and the likes, id love for them to say 14 euro or somthing and then watch me snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You will not get more than €5 for PES6, GOW, Splinter Cell or Dead Rising. Its crap but thats just the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wow, only €6 for GoW. I am thinking of picking up a second hand copy since I just got Live and prices are around €40 in most stores. This 2nd hand price thing is getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A lot of the games in that you posted list I did have myself and have sequels or whatever now so I just gave them to my mates child who had an got an xbox for xmas...

Maybe give em to charidee? :)

Cept for the Darkness, Assasins Creed and Forza 2,
    You would get most trade in value off them, I believe Xtra Vision give better money than gamestop on trade in....

I dont think you'll get near the amount your expecting for those titles, but ya never know!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

OP you are delusional if you think those games are worth much in a trade in. Good luck with shifting them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The Darkness - €20
    Project Gotham Racing 3 - €6
    Dead Rising - €8
    Splinter Cell double agent - €6
    FEAR - €10
    Forza 2 - €20
    Assassins Creed - €30
    Tenchu Z - €15
    Gears of War - €8
    Pro evo 6 - €5

Thats about all you'll get in store credit for those game, you're having a laugh if you think you'll get over €200 for them

Advertisement