Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for an overdraft...

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is applying for an overdraft similiar to that of a loan or credit card?

Is there a long winded load of questions, forms to sign etc?

Do I need to go into my branch? Can I do it via telephone banking?

I'm with AIB by the way. Not in the mood to ring anyone now so hoping some people more experienced might be able to help me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

There are number of online options on the AIB Site but overdraft doesn't seem to be one. A phone call to your branch will get the ball rolling but I would be fairly sure that a form will need to be signed down the line. By the way they charge a yearly facilty fee of I think €25.39 every year whether you use it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't mind the fee much, I'd like to have the facility. Just thought someone might know as I never get a chance to ring my branch.

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway, and if anyone else has one with AIB please do !

Thanks

Advertisement