Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone used a 3rd party repair service?

• 28-01-2008 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Ive had my 360 since launch day and never has an issue until about an hour ago. the box just keeps crashing and hanging and occassionaly gives the 3 Rings of Death. Tried all the usual tricks nothing is resolving the problem.

The box it well out of warranty at this stage and dont need the expense of buying a new xbox so i was looking at 3rd party repair companies and found one in bray from google.

http://consolerepairsdublin.com/

they seem to offer a 3 ROD repair service for €68

has anyone used them? or know of somewhere in dublin that they can recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

If the place in Bray is the one I'm thinking of I don't know if it would be worth it.
    The one im thinking of is on the Albert Walk in Bray and I Heard that a 360 went in with a wireless adapter and came out with it missing and the guy just said nope it did'nt come in with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

It doesn't matter if its out of warranty - Microsoft will fix it for free because they realised they messed up ALOT of launch xboxs and set aside money to fix these problems.

Give them a call on 1800509186 and they will send a courier out to pick it up

This happened me just before Xmas and mine was a launch box as well and it took bout two weeks for the whole thing to be picked up fixed and delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

doyler442 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if its out of warranty - Microsoft will fix it for free because they realised they messed up ALOT of launch xboxs and set aside money to fix these problems.

Give them a call on 1800509186 and they will send a courier out to pick it up

This happened me just before Xmas and mine was a launch box as well and it took bout two weeks for the whole thing to be picked up fixed and delivered.

Yep, 3 years extended cover now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

3 year extended..... sounds good but I'm now on my 4th attempt to get them to issue a collection docket by email. They seem to just put it on the long finger, each time I'm told it will be in my mail within 24hrs but it just never happens. I am going to try again on monday and let them know I will be recording the conversation just incase I have to invoke my consumers rights to demand a brand new one due to unsatisfactory attempt to repair my unit.

Although I may end up bringing it to Bray. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

ZygOte wrote: »
    Ive had my 360 since launch day and never has an issue until about an hour ago. the box just keeps crashing and hanging and occassionaly gives the 3 Rings of Death. Tried all the usual tricks nothing is resolving the problem.

The box it well out of warranty at this stage and dont need the expense of buying a new xbox so i was looking at 3rd party repair companies and found one in bray from google.

http://consolerepairsdublin.com/

they seem to offer a 3 ROD repair service for €68

has anyone used them? or know of somewhere in dublin that they can recommend?

Used him with no real problems. Would try to get MS to repair though, they could send you a spanking new console!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

Chonker,

My brother in law got the same crap on his one and it took 8 weeks to get a repair. Mine took just 2 weeks.

The only solution in the end for my brother in law was to ring MS, ask for the supervisor. You may have to quote the sale of goods act (just a mention....it helps).

Tell him that you have attempted this too many times and still no mail. He will explain that it may be your email address. At this point eat him alive and point out that it is an email he has to send and nobody else has the problem and it is not the way to run a buisness. (both mine and brother in law were eircom addresses).

Make sure to ask for his full name and contact details and tell him you will look for him personally if it does'nt get a move on. At that point you will be promised the sun, moon and stars. Brother in law was offered a free game (all poor choices) to keep him happy.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sheena1985

The guy on the Albert Walk has nothing to do with Console Repairs Ireland, different company! I've heard bad things about the guy on the Albert Walk too...

Advertisement