Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Ideal...

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:30am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭

I know we have a celeb appreciation thread, but what qualities in general does your ideal man have?

Mine would have to be at least 6ft, not blonde and be quite well built (now not muscley but just bigger then me), oh and he has to have nice forearms and shoes.
    Other then that I would just like someone who is intelligent, mature, has a direction in life, and gets me...if you know what I mean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

GinnyJo wrote: »
    I know we have a celeb appreciation thread, but what qualities in general does your ideal man have?

Mine would have to be at least 6ft, not blonde and be quite well built (now not muscley but just bigger then me), oh and he has to have nice forearms and shoes.
    Other then that I would just like someone who is intelligent, mature, has a direction in life, and gets me...if you know what I mean.

I will have to stop stalking you now, according to this I am too short for you

Perfect in every other way though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i tend to be very much on the personality thing.. a lot of people that i mightnt find attractive by photos or whatever, i find once i get to know them, they just shine,and their qualities that i mightn't have liked previously become very attractive.

anyway, that aside, to go for a standard answer... hair is awesome! preferably dark, no shorter than shoulder length, and if possible, with dreads please. eyes, green, height, at least 2inches taller than me, style.. 'rocker' type clothes are pretty hawt too.

edit: teeth = teh awesome.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Sooooo close.:D
    Although the list is not a complete one, going by that even Lurch could be Mr Ideal:D

Yeah narco I only starting thinking about it as my friends were asking what I'd be looking for, and none of my Exs are anyway similar.
    Personality is always the winner, but for some unknown reason I'm not attracted to blonde men, I've tried and nadda, and I like men to be taller then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah God I always used to have my ideal type down to a tee but even he turned out to be very wrong for me a few years ago so now I have more of an open mind...

I still and always will go for the pretty boys though, I just can't help it. Damn them and their prettiness :o

urgh. i can't stand pretty boys in general. particularly teh ones you see in american films...

• Advertisement

No pretty Boys! forgot that one:D
    I'm supposed to be the girl in the relationship!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

narco wrote: »
    urgh. i can't stand pretty boys in general. particularly teh ones you see in american films...

What about Vince Noir?

He's not pretty, he's stunning!

I think everyone you meet has qualities that you can learn from. So I would much rather be open to potential life enhancing characters than caught up in a self driven ideal.

I have a Chandler block about lady hands and chinlessness though.

Believe me I wish I didn't go for pretty boys, they always turn out to be headwreckers! Yet everytime I go crawling back for more.

Yet again, damn them and their prettiness!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Sooooo close.:D
    Although the list is not a complete one, going by that even Lurch could be Mr Ideal:D

Yeah narco I only starting thinking about it as my friends were asking what I'd be looking for, and none of my Exs are anyway similar.
    Personality is always the winner, but for some unknown reason I'm not attracted to blonde men, I've tried and nadda, and I like men to be taller then me.

haha, i think only one of my exes didnt have the required hair length...

my b/f now though is a good bit taller than me, green eyes, *used* to have really long dreads, green eyes, and the right clothes :cool:

oh, and monkeyfudge, i didnt find noel at all attractive at first. but... how can you not love anyone who smiles that much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

A window into the female mind. It will be disturbing but ultimately enlightening.:p

Damn my lack of height :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Skinny, tall, pretty.
    That's just the looks anyway...

Personality/other traits wise, there's a longer list.

Ha!
    So you're from Ant and Dec man factory then?

Ha!
    So you're from Ant and Dec man factory then?

Sadly yes

I am 5'8

Most girls go for tall blokes it seems and I don't blame them for that

Still it would be no fun trying to get a girls attention if it were easy

See now my height thing really revolves around my shoes, one pair has 6 inch heels and I'm 5'6 so....

See now my height thing really revolves around my shoes, one pair has 6 inch heels and I'm 5'6 so....

Damn women with their shoe fetish :D

Sadly yes

I am 5'8

Most girls go for tall blokes it seems and I don't blame them for that

Still it would be no fun trying to get a girls attention if it were easy

Height is never really something I'd notice in a big way....my last bloke was around that height I reckon, though I do usually go for tall blokes but it's never an issue, if they're cute they're cute, I don't care what height they are.... is 5'8 "small" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭¬_¬

He'd be over 6ft, but not appear tall.
    He'd be well-built but not too big. He'd have to have muscles but they can't be too big.
    He'd be about 6.4" in length and just the right girth...not too much though... ugh!
    He'd have brown hair but not too light or too dark and he'd have to be willing to dye it.
    He'd be rich but not make a big deal about money either.
    He'd have a sense of fashion and style but not too much or I'd fear he's gay or he'd be the prettier of us. I hate that.
    He'd be a good listener but able to talk plenth.

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Height is never really something I'd notice in a big way....my last bloke was around that height I reckon, though I do usually go for tall blokes but it's never an issue, if they're cute they're cute, I don't care what height they are.... is 5'8 "small" ?

It is below average height for a bloke

I think 5'10 is around the norm for a bloke

So I am a short arse, doesn't bother me too much though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Would the ladies here answering this question automatically ditch their current man for a man with the stated perfect qualities of Mr. Ideal? And a second question, would the ladies here hold out without dating anyone until they met their Mr. Ideal?

I'm glad to see some mention of traits other than external characteristics being the definition of a perfect match for them. By ideal, you mean your perfect partner right? Or is this topic about sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Gordon wrote: »
    would the ladies here hold out without dating anyone until they met their Mr. Ideal?

On the nose Gordon, that would make an interesting poll ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

There is no such thing as Mr Ideal we're just chasing a fantasy here!:mad:

Gordon wrote: »
    Would the ladies here answering this question automatically ditch their current man for a man with the stated perfect qualities of Mr. Ideal?

not a chance. it's like... ideally, i would love a job that pays 5 times more than the care work i have been doing. but i wouldnt quit the carework to take a job in a big business/office type situation, even if the money was perfect, because i love my job and all the relationships and time and energy that i put in and can also take from it.
    And a second question, would the ladies here hold out without dating anyone until they met their Mr. Ideal?
    like i said in my first post here, i do find that people's personalities tend to shine through for me, making things i woudlnt have initially found attractive very attractive. so no, not a chance. it'd be ridiculous to narrow down all your choices like that. personally, if you'd asked me 3/4 years ago about the age etc of my 'ideal man', i woudlnt have gone more than 5 years older than myself. but i have since met an amazing man, much older than that, and things between us are awesome. just take life and people as they come, it hink.
    I'm glad to see some mention of traits other than external characteristics being the definition of a perfect match for them. By ideal, you mean your perfect partner right? Or is this topic about sex?

well, i was thinking of the perfect partner, assuming sex would probably happen, but not consciously thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Tall does seem to be a common theme, guess that stereotyping holds quite a bit of truth in it. At least it means I get left alone by shallow (as in those for whom the physical appearance and attributes are the be all and end all) girls so I'm happy with it (a lowly 5'6":o).:)

im about the same height as you, farohar, and have gone out with guys shorter than me. like i said earlier, the above things tend to be an 'ideal' factor, but at the end of the day, personality is a big thing,and does make the other features stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Hmmmm...'k here goes:

-a nice smile that makes me want to smile along too
    -good sense of humour
    -intelligent
    -kind
    -imaginative, and responsive, in bed

Height isn't really an issue for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It is below average height for a bloke

I think 5'10 is around the norm for a bloke
    I'm not so sure. Like willy size men tend to over egg their height or judge it worng. Put it this way, I'm only 5' 11" and I would be at the upper end heightwise of most of the guys I know. If I'm out and about there are more guys shorter than taller than me. The amount of guys I've known that say they're 6 ft when they're slightly shorter or the same height as me, so I would say that 5' 6 to 5 8 would be more the average in Ireland. In Europe it varies all over the place. Spanish, Italian and French blokes appear smaller to me. The Dutch are huuuge though.

PS I like the way ¬_¬ puts in her spec for willy size. Very precise too.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

i particularly liked this one...
    nd he'd have to be willing to dye it.

Advertisement