Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Ideal...

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

In fairness one of my exs claimed he was 6ft and it wasn't until one day at Witness when I was wearing flats and we had been standing side by side for ages that i looked up and copped he was over exaggerating his height.

In response to Gordon no of course I wouldn't leave someone I was happy with if my "Mr Ideal" came along.....the hint is in the title...ideal...not requisite.
    Since the lads had a thread on this over in BGRH I just thought it would be a bit of fun to see a girls point of view.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Colin Farrelll...hmmm

Well yes to the forearms...and they always look better with a few wrist bands/beads

Dark hair, any colour eyes, tallish ( at least my height 5'9'), broad shoulders, nice calves, footballer thighs....

Messy hair is good - I hate the clean cut,boyband,pretty boy look

And I must say I never appreciated a 6 pack as much as I have since the last guy I was kinda seein....oooh hotness!!!!!

Oh and he has to have good fashion sense..loving the whole blazer/tshirt and jeans look right now - add in a beanie for good

Personality wise he'd have to be sweet but not a walkover and well able to stand up to me. He'd do the little things like buy me a single rose for no reason at all, or arrange a night out to surprise me, or even just meet me after work to walk me home.

He'd have to be ambitious, independent, fun, and have a mind and a life of his own, separate to mine.

Basically he'd just have to be great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

G86 wrote: »
    Colin Farrelll...hmmm

Well yes to the forearms...and they always look better with a few wrist bands/beads

Dark hair, any colour eyes, tallish ( at least my height 5'9'), broad shoulders, nice calves, footballer thighs....

Messy hair is good - I hate the clean cut,boyband,pretty boy look

And I must say I never appreciated a 6 pack as much as I have since the last guy I was kinda seein....oooh hotness!!!!!

+1. A sense of humour is everything, as well as being nice (but not too nice. Has to keep me interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

This seems like the closest thread I'll find: the last girl I was interested in(and who was interested in me) got very, very drunk one night and said a couple of times how pretty I am and how she had a crush on me, what does it mean when a girl calls a guy "pretty"? Is it even a compliment? :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Tragedy wrote: »
    she had a crush on me,
    See this?
    this is the important bit, pretty can mean different things to different people, but if she finds you pretty and has a crush on you, well then thats a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

OK, thanks for the clarification. "Ideal" as in "Ideal world" as opposed to "Ideal conditions". An unattainable perfection as opposed to a man that you would slay herds of endangered species just to be with for the day.

If people here wouldn't give up their current man for Mr. Ideal, or wait until he came along then obviously Mr. Ideal never gets a look in unless he's in the lucky position of meeting a woman while in between partners, or if she's a virgin.

Poor old Mr. Ideal I say! The perfect man for someone and he has chances of slim to none to actually be with his perfect match. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

narco wrote: »
    oh, and monkeyfudge, i didnt find noel at all attractive at first. but... how can you not love anyone who smiles that much?!

Exactly ... *drifts off into Boosh happy land with Electro Boy playing in the background*

I wouldn't say 5 8" is short either, I wouldn't call it tall but not short either if you know what I mean! I wouldn't like a guy to be shorter than me but if I liked him I'd get over it.

Looks wise I have a soft spot for dark hair and blue eyes, don't really like blonde hair but again depends on the person. I like stuble too.
    Don't like really muscley guys (this is a good thing living in Ireland!)
    Has to be able to make me laugh, be intelligent, be opinionated (not necessarily have the same opinions on stuff as me!) and can have a good debate about stuff, be caring and thoughtful, be confident. My boy has all this stuff so I guess if an 'ideal' exists then he qualifies!

I used to have a stereotypical type that I thought was my ideal but really this type is just based more on looks and not particularly related to reality so would never really impose this fictious type on someone now as no-one can live up to crazy ideals. I'm rambling ... lalala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

gcgirl wrote: »
    There is no such thing as Mr Ideal we're just chasing a fantasy here!:mad:

It's true, even perfect male physical specimens like me sometimes have a bad hair day :p

btw recliner man, 5"8 is roughly average for an Irish male. Though, as always is the case with average heights, they're increasing. So, by the time you're 90 you may well be a short arse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Have to say I'm a sucker for the darker guys. Height not a big deal 4 me though as most spanish/french quite small anyway. It's all about the eyes/smile. I'm very small so maybe that's it - not hard to tower over me :D. Love french men, they have IT in every way - most of them know it unfortunately though!!
    I'm not a slave to type though & can sometimes be pleasantly surprised :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Gordon wrote: »
    OK, thanks for the clarification. "Ideal" as in "Ideal world" as opposed to "Ideal conditions". An unattainable perfection as opposed to a man that you would slay herds of endangered species just to be with for the day.

Well, i think pandas are kind of over rated and would probably be ok with taking them all out for one (very) wild day (and night) with Colin Farrell.

There's just something about him, a sort of twinkle in the eye that says to me that i would be left tired, satisfied and wondering how to get those handcuffs off the head board the next day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Snedds_sad_panda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

cuckoo wrote: »
    Hmmmm...'k here goes:

-a nice smile that makes me want to smile along too
    -good sense of humour
    -intelligent
    -kind
    -imaginative, and responsive, in bed

Height isn't really an issue for me.
    Ah well done. Not one mention of height, hair or the shoes he wears. This woman knows where priorities should lie.

EDIT: oh wait... just read about the panda culling... perhaps I should take that back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Personality-wise: smart, fun, ambitious, talented, compassionate.

Looks-wise: medium height to tallish, longish hair, facial hair (not too much but a bit), general scruffiness.

All pretty vague really. I don't like laying down rules because then you meet someone amazing who meets none of your requirements and then you realise how arbitrary they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

gcgirl wrote: »
    There is no such thing as Mr Ideal we're just chasing a fantasy here!:mad:

Chasing? I wouldn't say I was chasing
    just things to keep in mind based on previous experience

Gordon: I wouldn't end a relationship unless I was unhappy with it in itself, rather than because I wanted someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I like clean cut guys, clear sallow skin and probably dark blonde hair. Nice teeth and a medium physique. I'm pretty petite but have generally been drawn to guys minimum 5' 10.

As for personality (which I tend to go for), i like the natural comedian, slightly off beat, open minded, easy going and caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I'm going to roll out the vomit inducing line here but -
    ideal man for me = my husband. :p

I go for personality over everything else - has to have a wicked sense of humour(preferably filthy), be intelligent, an individual thinker, talented, artistic, caring, trustworthy, loving, share similar interests, etc etc etc.

Extra bonus points on top of that if the looks are hot too, and luckily for me, they are ;)

checked every box there too - gorgeous dark eyes, bearded (not Dubliner stylee, rather metal stylee) perfect height (just a smidge taller than me), perfect skin (pale, clear), well built but not musclebound wierdo, sexy cheeky smile that seems to melt everyone, young, old, male or female, and means he can get away with murder if he wants so long as he rolls out the smile.

"Fashion" wise, also perfect - tattoos, piercings, scruffy/metal look, but also scrubs up well in a suit when necessary (for weddings etc). Lots of black shirts and spiffing crisp white shirts too, so that's a bonus (abhor stripey or otherwise patterned/coloured shirts). Not afraid to change up hairstyles either - has been long, short, shaved, dyed black, you name it, all have looked good.

Reckon I'm pretty lucky to have found Mr Ideal. Now, you can all go barf your lungs up at that line!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

6'5". Any takers? Only tall women need apply lolz
    boobies gone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's Johnny Bravo!

11b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

It is!!! Ha ha ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

hahahaha johnny bravo i like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Older, taller, preferably with red hair or curly hair. Nice shoulders.

Personality-wise, laid back, willing to put up with me :D fun on a night out, easy to introduce to friends, eh...not a psycho.

Is that too much to ask?

Also, like animals and the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

There is no such thing as an ideal man

Pure myth

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Huggy Bare

¬_¬ wrote: »
    He'd be over 6ft, but not appear tall.
    He'd be well-built but not too big. He'd have to have muscles but they can't be too big.
    He'd be about 6.4" in length and just the right girth...not too much though... ugh!
    He'd have brown hair but not too light or too dark and he'd have to be willing to dye it.
    He'd be rich but not make a big deal about money either.
    He'd have a sense of fashion and style but not too much or I'd fear he's gay or he'd be the prettier of us. I hate that.
    He'd be a good listener but able to talk plenth.
    Not one mention of sense of humour - i'm afraid the bloke you described would bore you to death - laughter is for the soul!

Not only that, his over the top flashness togther with his vanity would probably make both of you compete with each other - queer eye for the straight guy springs to mind!

I see the Celtic Tiger really did create a monster - men being more vain than women...... ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Older, taller, preferably with red hair or curly hair. Nice shoulders.

Personality-wise, laid back, willing to put up with me :D fun on a night out, easy to introduce to friends, eh...not a psycho.

Is that too much to ask?

Also, like animals and the sea.
    Thats a very well-balanced and refreshing criteria!

I liked the part "willing to put up with me...." - it show's you're a down-to-earth young lady!

If you ask alot of men - they'll say what you look for is the perfect woman for them!

Line up the nice, curly-haired tall gingers.

/swoons

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

My Ideal man...

I prefer short men, but taller than me (Im 5 ft 3), never saw the attraction with really tall men.

I like my man to be stocky, strong, with a nice body and strong arms.

I like my man bald but hairy elsewhere.

I like him to be a bit dangerous and able to look after himself but at the same time to treat me like his princess.

I like beady eyes ( dark eyes with large pupils) and I like noticable teeth.

Personality wise Id like him to have a very good sense of humour, someone who I can have a laugh with. Someone who has his own interests but listens to mine aswell. Someone wholl love me and who I can love basically.

/swoons
    Auburns have more fun.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

/swoons

There is a single guy in my office that answers to this description

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Tall, dark (preferably black) hair...actually long hair too! Tattoo-less, dark eyes, slim-medium build with a taste in metal, current affairs and pizza. Oh and if he can play drums of guitar even better.

• Advertisement

God I love auburns. Line them up.....!

Advertisement