Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible To Use 3 Modem With Ps3???

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    I know there was a similar thread posted, but i was wondering has anyone figured out a way to use the 3 (or o2) data modem with the PS3? My Dad has the Modem, and doesn't hardly use it, so I was thinkin' of taking over the contract. I have a wireless laptop. Is there any way this can be used as an access point for the PS3 (it being wireless and all) maybe? That might be a stupid question... not very technically minded!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

It is theoretically possible to set up the laptop to share the connection over to the PS3, but it would be tricky to set up and probably not that reliable. I reckon you might want to look into a 3g router instead. Something along the lines of this. Only problem there is I think the only 3g routers that are available take the data card and not the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Draytek and Dlink can use the USB modem.
    But USB, Router, PC sharing or PCMCIA, the service is very poor for a PS3
    Gaming needs < 70ms pings.
    3, O2, Vodaphone ping times vary from 120ms to 170ms typical and up to over 1000ms.

Some fixed wireless Broadband, DSL, or cable is a far better solution. (The Digiweb Mobile isn't 3G technology so it does have good enough pings for games and a router is available compatible with PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thanks Guys, Could Be Useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 irishcouser07

works with the xbox anyway but is quite slow

Advertisement