Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Scanners? What are they...

• 28-01-2008 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Ah yes, The wonderful days of the 088 network.... Many the nights I listened to personal phone calls, between middle age men and hookers...:) All I can get now on the scanners are the gardai... These digital scanners... are they avliable yet? Can us regular Joes get a hold of them, If so how much and what all can you get on them.... 087, 086? anything like that? cheers!...

Funny story actually, Had the bearcat on the other day... Listing to the gardai...as you do, I work in a shop in the towna nd had it on.... next thing, there was sort of an echo.... Only did I see a garda standing at the corner, patrolling the streets, eith a scanner on his belt :eek: .... I lowered it as fast as I could... No harm done, but It was a close one... haha :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

i don,t think theres anything like that available now m8,i had a yaesu-vr500 scanner a year or so ago.i heard nothing but aircraft,cops,and a old neighbour few hundred yards away from me on her cordless analogue phone,on about lourdes trip mass and bingo,christ sake LMAO.

is,nt the bearcat 330 digital ready?as it takes sum sort of memory card.but theres no hack or whatever available.so there really obsolete here now.

could,nt for the like of me ever seeing it been able to listen to 083,085,086,087 it would cost the mobile phone companys a fortune for another safe encryption or whatever the use to secure there airwaves.

088 had no real technology involved in it with regards to security,you would nearly have heard a 088 conversation on your house radio:D.
    times have changed.oh ye and i got shot of me yaesu vr-500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

cheers, So there will be no way in the near future to listen to 083 - 087 nos.? Ah well, If any hacks pop up or flaws show up, PM me...lmao:)
    Any of you remember the divirting scam on the mobiles....at the very start... Got my monies out of that... 12p... for as long as you want... and I mean as LONG as you wanted....:rolleyes: Happy days, its all WEP this and Encript that...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It would be criminal to sell or make available such equipment to the public or to use it, even if it existed.

Do read the charter also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Ah yes, The wonderful days of the 088 network.... Many the nights I listened to personal phone calls, between middle age men and hookers...:)

Mate of mine had a scanner that picked up those older generation mobiles. They were great.

We heard one sad article getting a quote for an hour with one girl somewhere in Rathmines.

He was quoted £X. He then asked for a quote for two girls at the same time. Quoted £2X. He then asked for a quote for three of them. Quoted £3X and he then started arguing for group discount. I nearly poked my eye out with the aerial we laughed so much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement