Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday camps

Options
  • 28-01-2008 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Seeing as my daughter is an only child (she's 13), I am considering the posibility of her going for a summer camp - which she has said yes too. But I dont know where to start looking - anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

If she is keen herself, maybe get her to as around her mates at school and in the neighbourhood? That would also mean she knows at least one other kid there.

Her school may also have a list of camps they recommend, or any sports/ social clubs she is already involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I spent the best summers of my life in the Gealtacht, I went to Arainn Mór in Donegal, I'd highly reccomend it. I went on my own the first year but had soon made load sof friends. I went 5 years in a row al together, and cried my eyes out coming home every year! I still hear great things about that particular Gaeltacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Shelli wrote: »
    I spent the best summers of my life in the Gealtacht, I went to Arainn Mór in Donegal, I'd highly reccomend it. I went on my own the first year but had soon made load sof friends. I went 5 years in a row al together, and cried my eyes out coming home every year! I still hear great things about that particular Gaeltacht.

heh already tried the Gealtacht - she has made it quite clear that she doesnt want to do that - apparantly the summer days dont include Irish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

My daughter went to one of the Letsgo activity camps last summer, and cant wait to go back this summer. It was only a week long though, but there were kids of all ages there and they loved it..
    http://www.letsgo.ie/index.html
    There's one in dublin too in Aug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    heh already tried the Gealtacht - she has made it quite clear that she doesnt want to do that - apparantly the summer days dont include Irish :)

Pity, I felt like that before I went too, so glad I didn't miss out on it in the end though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement