Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nz work visa under 30

• 28-01-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

has anyone applied to the london embassy and had a successful years work in nz...

just looking for pointers etc

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I applied on line for my NZ working holiday visa. It took three days to be approved. You get an e-visa which you print and take with you. You haev a year to get there once the visa has been approved .

I haven't got there yet, so I can't tell you about work but the visa part was very easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i did it online as well, was nerve wrecking waiting for the confirmation to come through, but was quite quick and easy, and i had cause later to have to ring immigration control regarding it last october, and had nothing but positivity and helpfullness in getting it done.

best of luck ro1798, beautiful country, even if i am constantly giving out about the heat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

i wont get to nz till jan or fed 2009.. so it starts the day i enter the country? what site did you do it on... how much is the visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Visa is €65ish (you pay in NZ dollars on your credit card) and you get it on this website. www.immigration.govt.nz. You have one year from teh day it is approved to arrive in NZ. It is valid then for one year from the date you enter NZ, regardless of trips away etc. So you get an e-visa that you print and take with you. Then when you get there and go through immigration you get your working holiday permit in your passport.

You should take a good look at that website, as well as other websites where you get advice on cost of living, jobs etc. it doesn't sounds like you've done too much research and it's a big step!

Try www.trademe.co.nz for some research. There's accomodation and some jobs on it so you'll get an idea of costs etc.

Advertisement