Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband/ Mobile Internet for Whitehall Road West, Walkinstown

Options
  • 28-01-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just moved to the D12 area, and an looking for the best broadband/ mobile internet service available.
    I don't have an active telephone line, and am looking at the irish broadband rip wave, NTL, or Vodafone mobile broadband options.
    I know the best service is probably through the phone line with BT or Eircom, but line rental etc etc that comes with the phone line, I am ruling these out.

ANy suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Of the ones you list, NTL is the only proper broadband. What do plan on using it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

I'm just down the road from you and have been using NTL for a few weeks, no problems so far and speeds have been very consistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dmohalloran

Hi

Thanks for the replies,

I am planning on using it for basic internet and email. The occasional iTunes download, and youtube streaming.
    The main purpose is research for college, I would be downloading the occasional pdf.

I am going towards NTL, but their customer service is poor, I was waiting on line with them 20 minutes of more. That was their sales hotline, not to 'hot' in my book, their recorded message even told me to have my back account details handy for quick processing.
    I'm gonna think about it for a few more days before I make my move

Advertisement