Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vertical or Horizontal

• 28-01-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question as to what is recommended for having your xbox. Mine was giving me trouble when it was on its side saying games were unreadable and such in the middle of playing so I flipped horizontal and haven't had any trouble so far.

However a mate of mine says having it horizontal does damage to disks and such. Seems like a no win situation. Anyone have any advice or no which is the less problematic? Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I really think it depends on the console man because I have my xbox on its side and I have had no problems with any of my games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Keep it horrizontal and never put it vertical. Having it vertical blocks off the biggest vent on the whole console leading to Red Ring of Death errors very quickly. Also the DVD drives in the 360 are rubbish and have trouble reading discs when vertical. There should be no damage done to discs if you keep in horizontal unless there is a major fault or you move it while it's reading the disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

and of course the most important thing is to remember not to move while turned on.

I have mine horizontal, for some reason I dont like cd/dvd drives being vertical, same as hard drives, just feels wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

faceplates look muck tho lieing flat.

i had mine flat for a long time and had 4 rrod.

first console that broke was lieing flat and dvd drive went bust

had my sixth vertical since MAY last year and no problems what so ever.

its a matter of preference, i wouldnt buy into the " it wont break if you do this and that"

it can break either way...

good xbox practice is to have it in a open ventilated area, not on carpet...and dont run the nuts of it...give it a breather every few hours

and you wont have problems.

Also the power brick is also a part people overlook, my 3rd and 4th console had a faulty brick due to overheating....

which i found funny considering its ment to get hot

but make sure that is in an open area too, or read about having it hanging suspended.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bloody hell [DM]-TheDOC- so many rrod really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah first console boke xmas day when the drive was faulty.

then my second worked for ages then got rrod

brought back got a replacement and that one, and the next one and the next one all instantly got rrod

replaced everything except hdd on the sixth and its being fine ever since

didnt have to deal with ms once, good ol argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

My girlfriend likes it vertical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

yeah i heard putting it horizontal does damage to discs is it true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

yeah i heard putting it horizontal does damage to discs is it true?

No.

Moving the console while the disc is spinning damages them.

But its doesnt matter if you have it Vertical horizontal or upside down, it will still damage them if you move it around while playing.

This is all just BS, put it whatever way you want. Just as much chance of RROD either way.

Advertisement