Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donacarney village

Options
  • 28-01-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hey
    continuing on the moving to drogheda theme, anyone know anything about donacarney village? drove through some estates there at the weekend, some looked ok and others not so good. can anyone tell me if its a nice/safe place to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

I've lived in Mornington Park(which is in Donacarney) for about 15 months. Lovely place, nice neighbours and pretty quiet. Even in the summer holidays one of the local teens was outside making a bit of noise, then knocked on our door to ask if they were being too loud and to say sorry if we were disturbed. Dead close to the beach and Bettystown/Laytown. Happy as a pig in muck me!

Cheers

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Donacarney, beside Bettystown? :confused: That's Meath me ould squire nae Louth. ;)
    I live down the road toward Bettystown...lovely spot to live.
    Which estate are you interested in? Personally i wouldn't go near Mornington Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hoareni

em well we only saw castle glen and mornington park, thought the park looked nicer to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

They are both safe family estates but slightly slow to sell resale, in Drogheda town is better for resale, but value in Mornington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Umm....why is this in the Louth forum?
    Donacarney is in Co Meath.
    Lovely place...till they went and built in every greenfield they could find...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

...and now it seems developers have been given the thumbs up to build 750 houses in that area - is there any end to the madness :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kaylee wrote: »
    ...and now it seems developers have been given the thumbs up to build 750 houses in that area - is there any end to the madness :(

Aye down behind mornington park stretching toward Colpe.

IMO you're going to see a lot more of this type of planning decision as developers hold a virtual gun to the heads of planners in the shape of the downturn in the construction sector. New developments will be put forward as a means to keep people in jobs and to keep the economy buoyant.
    This is the only reason I can see for permission being granted in this case...there are still no schools to cope with the numbers of houses (and therefore children) involved, the roads around the area are still in a dire state of repair and too small to cope with the current volume of traffic nevermind any increase...
    Dark days ahead for residents in marginal development areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Oh man :( is that definitely going ahead. Just when i thought there might be an end to all this madness. 750 houses...that's a development on the same scale as Grange Rath??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

hoareni wrote: »
    em well we only saw castle glen and mornington park, thought the park looked nicer to be honest

The council has bought up some homes in castle glen. For social housing.

Mornington Park is a nice estate, Although Bettystown and Laytown are better for train and bus links. There is good value to be found in all areas in East Meath now.

House prices are dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rayzor26

Hi All

Been living in mornington park now for over a year and a half love the area since we moved in have had a nipper and can't wait to play in the estate with big green areas and of course great neighbours who don't fly around the estate not like the others in the area!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

i also live in mornington park but not for much longer and never had any troubles very nice place to live and always good to see the residents out on the paths havin a chin wag, never really seen that sense of good nieghbourness anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 opawaman

I used to live on road to bettystown , but that was about forty years ago. Sometimes i wish i had stayed. but then im much better off here.

Advertisement