Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker/Fixed? What to do?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My 2 year fixed is up soon and I'm saying goodbye to a great 3.7% which we got so used to. My options now are tracker or fixed?

Economists would suggest there may an ECB cut soon, others wouldn't be so optimistic.

What would you do? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Shop around. I'd say go with tracker on the whole since any of the fixed ones I have found are at least two percentages above current rates, which will take the ECB a few years to get round to, if they do, barring unforeseen disasters. Maybe you can find a better rate, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Have to agree, tracker looks good at the moment, although I don't think the difference between tracker and fixed is as large as it used to be. Tracker gets my vote.

Advertisement