Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnout Paradise

• 28-01-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Surprised there isn't a thread here on what is the biggest release in the last month.

Never really liked the old Burnout games but the demo of this was excellent. Where would the cheapest place be to pick this up. Any region free copies online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I traded 2 games in for this on Friday in game stop (€10 with any 2 360 games). Enjoying it so far, I'm not into Fonza type games but like the crazy action hits that this gives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BillyoftheBeast

Same here I usually hate arcade games and much prefer sims but this game is just so much fun. I might check Tesco, they can sometimes have new releases for e60 and then games like Top Spin for e75.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a quality game, picked it up on Friday myself after loving the demo. :D Such a great game!!! I've never played a racing game that felt so fun before, and I'm including NFS Most wanted in that, as I loved playing it getting 20 minute + chases from the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thread in the Games forum: [Link]

Seeing as it's a multi-format release it's probably a good place for it.
    I might check Tesco, they can sometimes have new releases for e60 and then games like Top Spin for e75.

It's €60 in Xtra Vision.

€63 in Smyths - with loyalty card.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Fnz wrote: »
    It's €60 in Xtra Vision.

€63 in Smyths - with loyalty card.
    €59 in HMV
    €69 in Game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Cheapest I found was cd-wow.ie, they had it at €55.99, but you can never trust them and I got an email saying they were having problems with there delivery or something and they should have it on the 1st of Feburary. If I had of known it was €60 in extra vision I would have got it there. cdwow have also already charged my card, which is a strange thing to do when they haven't even dispatched it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can someone please explain the ins and outs of this game please?
    Is it just a case of pulling up to light and starting a race?
    I played the demo and was bored to tears.
    Im more into racing sims but do enjoy some action packed racers for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yep, at the lights you'll get one of either a race, survivor, takedown or something else. Its a decent game, rent it out, like i did if you are unsure.

How does everyone find the show-time? I had a go at it last night and hit around 150 cars in one go! I think i clocked up near $800000! Seemed a bit easy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sounds like traffic checking in the previous games.
    I'm waiting on my copy to be delivered :)

quarryman wrote: »
    How does everyone find the show-time? I had a go at it last night and hit around 150 cars in one go! I think i clocked up near $800000! Seemed a bit easy....

A bit easy compared to what? I've only used Showtime mode a handful of times, my highest score being in the $3.5 - $4 million region (I hit something like 12 buses - which act as multipliers). I think I held the online record for the street I did it on. That was on the 25th - the day the game was out - that score is probably not in the top 500 now. :D

It's a bit of craic. I activated it a couple of times to relieve the frustration of being pipped at the post, or losing due to missing a turn off.

I never really cared for the crash mode in previous games, so unlike many fans, I'm not angry that it has taken it's place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Got it yesterday. Anyone taken it online yet?

Marked man races are great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BillyoftheBeast

Xtravision are selling it for €25 when you trade in certain games like Orange box, mass effect. I'm getting my copy later and filling my ears with Dj Atomika.

SDooM wrote: »
    Got it yesterday. Anyone taken it online yet?

Been online but don't know how to start an event. :o

Will try to figure that out today.
    I'm getting my copy later and filling my ears with Dj Atomika.

*shudder* DJ Atomica - the jockey you hate to listen to. *sigh* if only he had no mouth... and played better music.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

59.99 in Tesco. It takes a few minutes to get into, but a great game.

Oh and Atomica is annoying, but the music is ok :)

Ronan wrote: »
    59.99 in Tesco. It takes a few minutes to get into, but a great game.

Can he be turned off in the options?

They should have allowed on-the-fly car changes instead of forcing the player to drive to one of the 5 junk yards to change vehicle.

Was looking at a couple of Burnout forums - not a lot of love for the speed class of cars. I personally love constantly boosting and racking up multiple err... 'Burnouts'. I've just got my B license and can't wait to get to the big league cars with high speeds and handling to match. :cool:
    grizzly wrote: »
    Can he be turned off in the options?

You can stop him from offering tutorial-style tips. He'll still have things to say though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I don't like the way it has gone like Need For Speed. I preferred the old Burnout style.

Funnily enough Need For Speed is gone back to the menu-driven style in pro-street.

Ronan wrote: »

Once you turn off Avril Lavigne...

Last thing you wanna hear as you're hurtling down the streets at break neck speeds and slamming other cars into the walls is "Hey hey you you..."

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fnz wrote: »
    *shudder* DJ Atomica - the jockey you hate to listen to. *sigh* if only he had no mouth... and played better music.

But doesn't he talk out of his ass anyway! :)

• Advertisement

Another question...

If you're doing a race and want to quit is there an easy way to do it? I've been going into showtime to quit it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Stop for a few seconds and you can quit. Just literally park anywhere.

DeV.

Like DeV said, just stop to quit an event. Even right in the middle of a hotly contested race, just hit the brakes, stop for a few seconds, and you're out of it automatically!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Doesn't seem to be a region free version of this anywhere.
    If anyone have a link for it I'd be in debt if you could post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jayteecork wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be a region free version of this anywhere.
    If anyone have a link for it I'd be in debt if you could post it here.

Doesn't seem to be region free, according to play-asia's compatability list...
    Shopto.net seem to be one of the cheapest for the PAL version, but still damn pricey!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's not region free for the xbox.

The whole free roaming around the city was a bit strange to begin with but i think i'm actualy starting to like it now. There are plenty of other events to have a in at instead once i mess up one race so there is no need to be going back to re try each one once i fail a race. Now i figured out how to see what i had done via the map it's easier to find something to do wherever i end up in the city too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wasn't a massive fan at first. Now, I love it! It's brilliant online too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Great game. We should set up a few games here to complete some of these online challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Feel free to add me (wanosd).

Just add boards in the message or I won't accept.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on mine to arrive from some bollix on ebay :o Muppet didn't post it until Thursday.

Advertisement