Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnout Paradise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Stephen wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine to arrive from some bollix on ebay :o Muppet didn't post it until Thursday.

Tee-hee... and you obviously want it so badly! :p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started this last night and wasn't crazy about it at first. After 90 minutes (and a couple of licenses) I was suckered in.... Its great fun.

I'd love to try this online if you're arranging a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Fnz wrote: »
    Tee-hee... and you obviously want it so badly! :p;)

Yes!

But there's no way I was going to hand those ****ers in gamestop 70 euros for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€59.99 in Tesco... Impulse buy yesterday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Whats the story with the money earned from showtime mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Zavvi and HMV have it for 54 with student cards.

Also yeah dibs in on the online game. I keep getting guys with Alabama accents, kinda does your head in after awhile. My tag is the same as on boards so if interested just say from boards or something in the add. :D

Game is so addictive you can just lose yourself in it for hours... Thank christ the gf has college assignments! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the money earned from showtime mode?

That's not cash that you are earning, but the cost of the amount of damage you have done by destroying cars/buses/vans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm a little confused over what "burnout" is, as in I got a new car and I was told "this car is capable of 2 burnouts" or something like that. It might be in the booklet but I'm in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i actually dont mind dj atomica :o
    i was expecting him to be all HEEEEEEY DUUUUUUDE YOU JUST GOT A SUH-WEEEEEEET RIDE, YO!!! GO BLOW SOME SH!T UP YEEEE HAAAAAAW!
    But seeing as how i still havent read the manual, some of what he says is actually kinda handy!

Its a fun game tho, dunno how much ill get into it, but i just ****ing love playing road rage, its so much fun shunting an opponent into an oncoming car at breakneck speed and seeing them get slammed over the side of a bridge or something :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

very different from previous Burnouts. Good tho. The No Menus/No clue about what you need to do is annoying.

GT is Mandrake19, working thru Multiplayer Freeburn Online Challenges, any1 interested?

Also worked out how to do Road Rules times (race) how the feck do u do Showtime Road rules? cant get it to fire up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just press up until the sign goes red. You have to be at the start of the road so just drive until you get to another road and turn around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You need to press up on the d-pad to start the road rules time challenges until the message under the road sign shows the correct thing. But for the showtime ones you just press both shoulder buttons at the same time at any time and it will start the showtime for that road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

grizzly wrote: »
    I'm a little confused over what "burnout" is, as in I got a new car and I was told "this car is capable of 2 burnouts" or something like that. It might be in the booklet but I'm in work.

A burnout is when you're in a speed type car and you fill your boost, then you boost the entire meter and earn enough extra boost whilst boosting to get it full again. Usually just driving in the wrong lane does it. Booklet doesn't really have anything in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rax75

I noticed that one of the achievements is to get your elite license and complete every event etc but how do you know which events you have done already?? The check marks on the event icons are reset when you upgrade your license. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

quick(er) way to get thru your licences is to do all you burning routes first, as soon as you get a new car u should also have a BR for it.

The time saving trick is that u only do BR once, where as all other events reset everytime u get a new licence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rax75 wrote: »
    I noticed that one of the achievements is to get your elite license and complete every event etc but how do you know which events you have done already?? The check marks on the event icons are reset when you upgrade your license. :confused:
    You'll have to do them all again to get the 120 wins for the elite license. I've still got one event that I've not found yet though so must be some road that I've still not driven down somewhere around the city yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It finally arrived in the post today. I'm just after playing 4 hours straight :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

anyone link me to the cheapest online store selling this?
    Play-asia don't seem to be doing their normal region free lark for this.

That is the publishers fault that it's not region free, not playasia. HMV and Virgin/ Zavi have it for 60 and cdwow have it for 55 but i cannot remember what their postage charge is.

Just 25 wins away from my elite license!

Awesome game.
    Criminally underrated.
    Dwelve into it - it's really deep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Saw it in Smyths Bray for 45 euro today if anyone is interested in picking it up. Not sure if it applies to all stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is in GameStop for this price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Did some of the freeburn challenges online with my mate the other day, and it was great craic! Although trying to jump through a suspended bit of fuselage at the airfield was tough... then when the next one was barrel roll through another bit of fuselage we skipped on to the next challenge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I have been playing this all week and its a great game. i managed to get it fairly cheap too. It was €38.99 on play.com.
    Well worth it for that money.

20 wins for my elite.
    Watch this space.

jayteecork wrote: »
    20 wins for my elite.
    Watch this space.

I'm guessing you have the F1 car?

20 wins FTW!

I'm guessing you have the F1 car?

20 wins FTW!

Yeah that's my last burning route that I have to do.

I was looking for it for ages to shut down, then all of sudden it appeared out of nowhere and smashed into me!
    Got the shut down without realising it.

Alright.
    That's every Race, Stunt Run, and Burning Route in the game down - got the "All Pimped Out" Achievment.

Just Marked Mark and Road Rage now.

Edit: 11 wins to go! It's real easy now. I have the Takedown 4x4 upgrade and Marked Man and Road Rage are so easy. Just a matter of time. I've taken to using the Revenge Racer in those events to increase the challenge. Excellent fun. those black cars are hyper aggresive at the end and my car falls to bits if they touch me.

How many events were remaining when you unlocked the F1 car?

50-ish? Less?

• Advertisement

How many events were remaining when you unlocked the F1 car?

50-ish? Less?
    about 20. The F-1 car took ages to spawn for me.

edit: Unlock? I'm not so sure. It was around 20 when I finally shut it down.
    The burning route is quite difficult too. From the freeway near the country club to the Wildcats stadium in a minute.

Advertisement