Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the benefits of pets for young children

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi all
    :D:D:Dmy three children are all under 10 years old and as i have always had a dog i really felt it was time to get our 1st family dog .we got a west highland puppy 4 weeks ago and i really can say he is a godsend .The children love him so much ,but they also know that pup needs rest and time away from them so they are not to keep picking him up another thing they are learning is that when pup is biting them or wees on their shoes they shout no!! stop !! and if he gets too much they put him to bed and close the door after about 10 mins he is calm and he is ready to be with them again .it is a real learning process for them and puppy and i hope that it will help them to be responsible pet owners and also they can see how much fun and laughter our new puppy has brought to our house.I am glad we got our pup and i think my children have gained a lifelong friend.:D:D

Advertisement