Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k for blinds 5 roman blinds & 2 curtain sets!

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I've to put blinds up in my place - looking at 5 full lenght Roman blinds, each about 1 m wide and 2 sets of curtains, also full length & about 4m wide.

I've been quoted about 4,000 euro. We're talking about high quality blinds, but even still would I be paying too much??? I've no idea how much blinds cost ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I paid about that for two wide sets of full length curtains, one Venetian blind and two Roman blinds. It was an unpleasant surprise but I didn't find any cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

have you looked here for blinds http://www.b4i.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

bazman wrote: »
    I've to put blinds up in my place - looking at 5 full lenght Roman blinds, each about 1 m wide and 2 sets of curtains, also full length & about 4m wide.

I've been quoted about 4,000 euro. We're talking about high quality blinds, but even still would I be paying too much??? I've no idea how much blinds cost ...

Try these all seasons blinds 8422383

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Try this crowd. I did a good bit of searching and they worked out the cheapest for large wooden slat blinds throughout our home.
    http://www.westsideblinds.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

bazman wrote: »

Try Bolton Blinds in tullamore, I've done 4 houses with Blinds with them and found them UNBEATABLE - fullstop. And they'll travel to fit, no hassles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I'm looking to put blackout blinds all over the house and a quick run on that b4i site gives me a total cost of just under €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 newark farm

Hi Bazman,

Ive just read your post - and maybe you're sorted by now. But if not, I make Roman blinds from home & would be happy to give you a quote (a fraction of what you're being quoted). If you want to pm me, I can email you on photos of my work. Unfortunately I dont supply fabric - I only supply the kit & the makeup service but Ill happily work out the fabric amounts you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Contact Ormolu Curtains & Blinds, Ballycrogue Carlow, (059)9146874. Excellent. Measure, deliver and fit in most areas. Reasonable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sanso123

Hi Bazman,

Ive just read your post - and maybe you're sorted by now. But if not, I make Roman blinds from home & would be happy to give you a quote (a fraction of what you're being quoted). If you want to pm me, I can email you on photos of my work. Unfortunately I dont supply fabric - I only supply the kit & the makeup service but Ill happily work out the fabric amounts you need...
    Hi just wondering if you still make roman blinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Probably best to PM them as this is an old thread. Just click on their name and select 'Send a Private Message to User'

• Advertisement
Advertisement