Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Mobile and PCMCIA

Options
  • 28-01-2008 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

is it possible to use PCMCIA with a desktop? im sure theres some adapters out there but im finding it hard to find one. The mobile option is the only one available in my area.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Your not looking hard enough.. 2 seconds on google!! This one should do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Digiweb also supply a router/4 port switch with the mobile service so you can just hardwire it in with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've tested the Ricoh chipset PCI <-> PCMCIA adaptors from Maplin, French supplier and Hong Kong.

Works on Linux, Win XP, Vista. No driver needed for the adaptor, just the normal drivers for whatever card you use in slot. (tested Digiweb Card on XP, Vista and Linux.).

I don't know why they think it doesn't work with a 3G/HSDPA card. It should be just the same as a Laptop PCMCIA slot (The laptop slots interface via same internal PCI bus chip anyway).

The Router option has 4 ethernet ports and can be configured for WPA WiFi too. You can position it on a windowsill and get a better signal. The signal on a card plugged in back of a PC may not be as good. The WiFi will work with PSP, iTouch, Phone with WiFi etc. Nintendo DS only does WEP which is not secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

thanks for the replies, i really wasnt looking hard enough ur right lol

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Just been onto sales guy about this and sounds interesting. They're calling it "4g mobile" with max dl 5.4megs upload 1meg. About €30 per month with €130 installation & 15GB cap.
    In the rural Clonee area of Co. Meath (near Damastown) and was thinking of getting this. Anyone have any good / bad stories about this service & do they still have this rolling download limit / cap that features in other discussions?
    Mainly wanting it for home / small business use basically Web, eMail, VOIP, iTunes purchases.
    Advice much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement