Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up

• 28-01-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

What make do all the girls use?

What is the best? Have heard a good few people mention MAC or Glow Minerals>

Recommend any? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Everything I own is MAC, great shades in eye shawdows and lipglosses..any colour you'd want! They've great unique products..I love thier foundations too!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anything that looks good and lasts tbh.. I use Mac eye shadows, Benefit anything, Urban Decay eye shadows, Too Faced lip injection gloss and lash injection mascara, Ben Nye eye shadows, No7 concealer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

Whatever suits you is the best!!
    MAC may not work for you the MAC foundation did not work for me, I use their eyeshadows alright ,but wear Benefit foundation ,powder.. shop around and try different products..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

xzanti wrote: »
    Too Faced lip injection gloss and .....

Is it just me or does this really hurt your lips??It makes my sting and not in a nice tingly way like normal lip plumpers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I use a mixture of brands

Dior Mascara
    Artdeco eye shadows (looking into getting some MAC though)
    Armani foundation
    Artdeco concealer
    Eye liners vary like crazy as do lip glosses!!

I don't think i'd ever stick to one brand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It depends on what you're looking for. Mac for things like eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, etc. I own a Mac foundation but prefer Estee Lauder.
    Dior is good for mascara.

Are you looking for anything in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I love Armani and YSL. I also get a lot of Mac eyesdaows but nothing else.

If you want a new look or to try a new brand go and get your make-up done in BTs or somewhere like it. Most places you pay €25 and then get to claim that money back on prodcuts. So you get to try the products and then buy one that you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Clinique foundations, Lancome Juicy Tubes are the best ever, Nars and Lancome for eyeshadows, Max Factor mascara... Sticking to one brand is impossible. So much pretty stuff out there!

Find out what your skin type is, get a decent foundation and build off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chewie283

I'm a MAC girl but Urban Decay, Stilla, Benefit, Nars are all good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

I like Clinque foundation but I also think that Rimmel do some good ones too and they are much cheaper than Clinque. I used to only use Clinque foundation but then I was broke and desperate one month and picked up a Rimmel foundation in Boots and couldn't believe how good it was (I think I was a bit snobby about make up in the past and couldn't see past the price!). NO. 7 concealer is really good too, it's as good, if not better than Yves San Laurent's famous Touch Eclat. A lot of my eye make up I buy through the Avon catalogue, they sell lovely eyebrown pencils and eyeshadows. I like Clinque or Lancome Juicy Tubes for my lips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement