Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch the Superbowl?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Are any pubs/clubs in Galway showing the Superbowl next weekend?

I'm off Monday and want to go on the beer for it!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I watched it in garveys a few years ago (maybe 3?), was great crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

foxs usually show american football, though if not, tv3 are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Cellar should be showing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

if there is no pubs showing it bbc are showing it this year not sure about tv3 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

A good crowd usually watch it in Garveys. Hear Foxes is showing it as well. I wouldn't be surprsed if a lot of places around town with big screens will have it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Stay away from The Living Room, went there 2 years ago and they turned off 2 minutes into the 4th Quarter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't watch it myself, but all the fanatics I know watch it in Fox's...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Let's go Giants!
    Just back from NY and everyone over there is going crazy about being in the Superbowl. Also met a Yank over there who was in Galway a couple of years ago and watched it in Garveys, said it was good craic.
    Was at an ice hockey game last week and the biggest cheer was for a couple of the Giants players who were at the game, not for any of the 4 goals the home team scored :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Trends in Salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

watched it in garveys couple years back with some of my american mates, guards raided the place and kicked us out in the 4th quarter! was about half 3 or so at the time i suppose, heard they got a fine afterwards for serving afterhours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement