Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound over case IO

Options
  • 28-01-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

HI ,
    I'm wondering is there any sound card that i could connect cases microphone and audio .....
    So far the only option i found was Creative X-FI c/w front panel.....
    Sugestions.....plz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

I mean if you are using a Creative X-FI card so you must disable onboard sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You can't connect X-fi to case sound & mic unless you go for fatality with front I/O panel, I looked in2 it before. The connectors on the X-fi itself wont work if connected, well more like they will work, but not very well. The headphones will work with a bit of modification, but the mic wont work properly as the X-fi only supplies 2.5V, when a mic needs 5V. More info here, read it to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You can't connect X-fi to case sound & mic unless you go for fatality with front I/O panel, I looked in2 it before. The connectors on the X-fi itself wont work if connected, well more like they will work, but not very well. The headphones will work with a bit of modification, but the mic wont work properly as the X-fi only supplies 2.5V, when a mic needs 5V. More info here, read it to the end.

:mad: If am using a mob sound (A8N32-SLI ) i have some background noise , specially at full volume. Tried to update drivers , no difference...and i have no free bays left...

Advertisement