Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit Pants

• 28-01-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I've recently found myself having to purchase a couple of suits for work, having worn jeans (for-ever), I thought it would be the same deal regarding sizes.

However, I wear a 32" inside leg (let's just ignore the waist shall we???) in jeans & it just about trails the ground (boot cut). Buying the suit pants, I had a choice between 31" & 33". I chose the 31" as I didn't want that trailing effect.

However... It looks like I'm expecting a flood. They have to be worn low on my waist to look right & when I have the jacket off this looks ridicules. The suit pants are straight leg.

Is this what my problem is ? Id the extra material in the jeans giving my trailing effect & I should have gone for the 33" suit pants & had them altered ?

Oh, can you get boot cut suit pants ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

If the suit trousers are straight leg always buy the longer leg and have them altered to the correct length. That way the shape of the trousers remain the same but the length is spot on. It would be better if you were wearing your work shoes when trying on the trousers and also when taking them to be altered.

All trousers are not created equally. Suit trousers are made to be worn on your actual waist and also tend to have a shorter "rise" whereas modern jeans styles tend to have a lower rise and be worn more on the hips.

You can take your trousers to any of the alteration places and ask them to let them down completely and finish it with a false hem. I have to do this with most of my trousers but then I'm almost 6'7" tall with a 361/2" inseam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Debenhams sell boot cut suits. Jeff Banks. they were in the sale too but it could be over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks folks, I'll get them taken down so. Good to know for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

iMax wrote: »
    Thanks folks, I'll get them taken down so. Good to know for the future

Longer leg is better, you have to remember the heel hights too!

Advertisement