Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mickeys Last Saturday Night

Options
  • 28-01-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

anyone know what the dj was playing? around the 10pm mark he had some wonderful hip hop remixes on. would love to get my hands on them.

or anyone know who the dj was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what sort of stuff was remixed??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭trevufc

zuroph wrote: »
    what sort of stuff was remixed??

trevufc wrote: »
    anyone know what the dj was playing? around the 10pm mark he had some wonderful hip hop remixes on. would love to get my hands on them.
    QUOTE]

krs one , wu tang etc

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It was Dj Pete the Beat that was playing.
    He is playing on Thursday in the Wicked Chicken so if you like Sat get along to it!!

well, not sure, but i know a good few people are listening to DJ YODA, vol 2 of "how to cut and paste" has a few wu tang bits on it, just listening to it now. well worth a listen. well excoted bout his limerick gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

zuroph wrote: »
    well, not sure, but i know a good few people are listening to DJ YODA, vol 2 of "how to cut and paste" has a few wu tang bits on it, just listening to it now. well worth a listen. well excoted bout his limerick gig.

What limerick gig? Yoda playing Limerick?

• Advertisement

ya, yoda is in trinity rooms friday week, its part of the bud rising thing i think. feb 15th anyway, cant wait, apparently its gonna be a visual set too. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Holy shít, tickets on sale yet?

not sure man, think its pay on the night. but he's not a hugely known name over here so it should be ok. I cant wait, been telling everyone they need to see this man live!
    edit: according to budrising, tickets are €10

trevufc wrote: »

or anyone know who the dj was?

Just out of Interest Trevufc..

Were you not on a thread last year Lambasting Mickeys for its ****e music etc..
    Its nice to see that you enjoyed a night there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Whatever about the music in there on Saturday night, the toilets were nothing short of a disgrace on Saturday. If a health inspector paid a visit to the place he/she would have closed the place on the spot. We left because of the toilets (I have no desire to walk in half an inch of what I can only hope was water) and I believe that the ladies toilets were as bad. SORT IT OUT!

• Advertisement

Whatever about the music in there on Saturday night, the toilets were nothing short of a disgrace on Saturday. If a health inspector paid a visit to the place he/she would have closed the place on the spot. We left because of the toilets (I have no desire to walk in half an inch of what I can only hope was water) and I believe that the ladies toilets were as bad. SORT IT OUT!

Well seeing as i dont work there or own it ,i believe you are misdirecting your request,plus this thread is about the MUSIC....

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Well seeing as i dont work there or own it ,i believe you are misdirecting your request,plus this thread is about the MUSIC....

Firstly, this thread is titled "Mickeys Last Saturday Night" I believe.

Secondly, I'm not directing my rant to you, just putting it out there.

Oh i understand that,what i meant was the original request was for the name of the dj playing and putting "SORT IT OUT" up on boards seems fairly futile..

Maybe a quiet word to one of the staff relaying your comments and your reason for leaving.. i mean if there was a plumbing problem they may not have been able to fix it there and then ,they would certainly pass it on to the oowner..

Just a thought.. :)

Oh i understand that,what i meant was the original request was for the name of the dj playing and putting "SORT IT OUT" up on boards seems fairly futile..

Maybe a quiet word to one of the staff relaying your comments and your reason for leaving.. i mean if there was a plumbing problem they may not have been able to fix it there and then ,they would certainly pass it on to the oowner..

Just a thought.. :)

The only thing more futile than posting up here would be to report it to the bar staff, its hard enough to get a pint in there at the best of times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

ah shur the jacks in there are nice and cosy! reminds me of the tiny toilets in the bars of amsterdam!

Just out of Interest Trevufc..

Were you not on a thread last year Lambasting Mickeys for its ****e music etc..
    Its nice to see that you enjoyed a night there!:)

that was about 10 mins worth of music boss! a slight tilt perhaps but hardly a turnaround.

oh i enjoyed many nights there but not anything in the last few years sadly.

The only thing more futile than posting up here would be to report it to the bar staff, its hard enough to get a pint in there at the best of times :D

i hope you use the term "bar staff" loosely.

Advertisement