Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Raft Race

Options
  • 28-01-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Anyone entering the raft race this year in Trim? Its on Paddy's weekend. Can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Havent heard about this. Is this a new event or is it on every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

This is its second year Archeron. From the swimming pool down to the bridge across from Boyne Community school. In aid of Meals on Wheels. 2pm, before the parade.

Cool, must check that out. Thanks for the info.

Just a reminder about the Daft Raft Race. Teams have to run down Avondale hill to their rafts, launch them into the water beside the swimming pool, make their way along the Boyne, picking up inflatable shamrocks en route, and finish at the bridge near the Community school. 2pm start, sunday. Should be fun!:D

I missed the race itself, but I saw the wreckage on the way back :)

• Advertisement

Ah Archeron, ya would have loved it! Great turn out. All the bridges were packed cheering the rafters on. Nearly 20 crafts in the water, of varying degrees of water worthiness. Quite a spectacle so it was. My favourite was the pimp speedboat with the blow-up dolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

It was a great race, Brave participants as the Boyne looked very very cold indeed!!

DSCF0485.JPG

I have more photos to post if anyone wants to see...

cue wrote: »
    Quite a spectacle so it was. My favourite was the pimp speedboat with the blow-up dolls!

I was wondering if it was actually blow up dolls I seen flapping around in the wind!! :D

I have more photos to post if anyone wants to see...

Yeah cool.

DSCF0463.JPG

DSCF0468.JPG

DSCF0472.JPG

DSCF0473.JPG

DSCF0474.JPG

DSCF0463.JPG

I can only post 1 at a time..... Can any Mods assist with a way to post more..Have left a request on the helpdesk... Tks NWF..... Cheers Gordon, your advice helped!!!

• Advertisement

Great pics. It looks like a fair bit of thought went into some of those rafts. Particular credit to the guy on what looks like a pallet wrapped in clingfilm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PLM

Yes will be entering this year, have a hopeful crew of Titanic survivors who show great ambition in the warm climes of the "Pub" maybe diffirent in the freezing boyne!

Advertisement