Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine's Day Gift

Options
  • 28-01-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

This is my first time in a relationship for several years so I'm totally at a lost as to what to get my boyfriend. We've only been dating 3 months so still getting to know each other and he's not into techie things so that's a whole branch closed off. I know he's booked a weekend break in a hotel for Valentines and even if I try and pay half he won't let me. We're both a bit broke as well as we're just back from NY. I was thinking something small for the day and a nice bottle of champagne, then in March I was going to bring him to Dublin for the weekend. Is this a bit of a cop out though since that way I get to benefit from the holiday as well! I personally think it's a ridiculouslly commerical day and I know we won't be going out for dinner but I want to get him something that shows how much I appreciate him and care for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Then do something for him on a normal day, not a day when you're "supposed" to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

daiixi wrote: »
    Then do something for him on a normal day, not a day when you're "supposed" to.

As I said we're not doing anything special on that day at all, probably just watch a dvd. It won't be any different than any other day we meet up, just maybe a better bottle of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

Steak dinner and a bl*w job.

:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Meathlass wrote: »
    I personally think it's a ridiculouslly commerical day

Abs-a-fookin-lutely !!

Hmm, did that last night though so it would't really do for the 14th! (substitute steak dinner for chinese!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

thats march 14th

--> http://www.steakandbjday.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 isthatyoudave?

send him a single yellow rose to his work place...its always good for laugh.

send him a single yellow rose to his work place...its always good for laugh.

And the surest way to being dumped I'd imagine!

Advertisement