Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bought Crysis

Options
  • 28-01-2008 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I bought crysis, and was suprised to find that it didn't run smoothly, it wrecked my whole experience in playing the game. I just didn't enjoy it...:(

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
    RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 256k+
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
    Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
    RAM: 1.5Gb
    HDD: 6GB
    Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
    Optical Drive: DVD
    Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

My Pc

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 494 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio [BCE0]
    Speakers/Headphones: Creative
    System: Windows XP Professional

Can anyone help me? What do i need? :confused: More RAM???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a far, far better graphics card for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

yeah a stonger graphics card would help, the latest patch also helps with preformance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Yeah i was thinking that, The newer graphics cards are very expensive and im wondering would i need a cooling system for it??? The new series of geoforce are coming out soon, and the price might drop on the 8th series cards...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could get an nvidia 8800GT for 250 euros or so. Best bang for buck out there at the moment.

Yeah i was thining just under the 200 euro range, I think ill wait around for a good bargain...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Yeah i was thining just under the 200 euro range, I think ill wait around for a good bargain...:D

Play Crysis smoothly or spend less than €200... the choice is yours really:p
    I wouldn't advise spending any money just to play Crysis anyway, it was an incredibly overrated game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I'd say hang on the few eeks untill the 9xxx cards start coming out. The 8800gt's should come down around the €200 mark then.

Yeah good idea, Thanks for the help guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Can you not run things on medium with those specs? The game played smoothly enough on my XPS laptop, you've a better processor and I'm pretty sure my card was about equivalent.

There's no point in spending money to upgrading from there because Crysis is really the only game that you need a 8800GT to run and spending 200 euro on one game is a bit silly because it's good, but it's nowhere near that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I got Crysis for Xmas and it runs good on "High" on my PC:

My PC Spec (briefly):

Q6600
    XFX 8800GT (factory overclocked)
    2 x 1GB DDR-II Ram (not the best though...)

But I only played Crysis for about an hour or two... I spend all my "gaming time" playing CoD4. A far better game in my (biased) opinion! :p

• Advertisement

I was'nt all that impressed either. It passed an hour or two but I have'nt felt any urge to go back to it.

Advertisement