Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good windows hosting in the UK

Options
  • 28-01-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are launching a number of sites that are country & location specific. Therefore, for the London, Manchester etc. sites we want the domains to be hosted on UK servers, as this can affect how pages are indexed by spiders.

Can someone recommend the equivalient of Blacknight or H365 but with servers in the UK ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Generally if your domain features a coutnry specific TLD (eg. .co.uk) or is hosted in that country it will come up indexed as being a UK (etc.) site. So being hosted in Ireland should generally not hinder your ranking on UK specific searches providing your domain is .co.uk.

As reguards UK hosts, from my expierance there are many to choose from. I have always used Irish hosts or my dedicated servers for hosting so unfortunitally cannot recccomend you any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We can also offer UK based hosting - no surcharge, just sign up for a standard plan and poke support, we'll move it to a server physically based in the UK (London)

Advertisement