Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acca Paper F4 & F9

• 28-01-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I would be grateful if someone could tell me which is the best college to go to in Dublin for paper F4 & F9.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zoli

i would say.stay at home and buy the books only.Home study package is good enough.In my experience i've been in Griffith college and it was nightmare.too many people in small room and also you feel tired and exausted after work so your concentration level is worst.Also the Dublin traffik will not help you there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

At level 2 you could home study, but think about doing formal revision with one of the colleges. These are usually held at the weekend so you will not be as tired.

do you know what will be like starting salary for ACCA member?just to have rough idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

Newly qualified in practice average 40K, but ranging from 20 to 50K depending on the size of the practice and at the higher end in Dublin

In industry expect 45 / 46K but ranging from 30 to 70K and again at the higher end in Dublin.

Financial services 35-85K with an average of around 50K

Public sector is about 50K with less variation.

By newly qualified I mean passed your exams and three years experience.

cool,thanks!
    will that count accounts receivable experience i have in Multi nationals?
    i'm doing F6 and F7 at the moment and to be honest future is not bright for me.As i'm not progressing at place where i'm and no support from company(sure ,you don't need ACCA for my role)and my colleagues says i'm wasted but recruiters doesn't think in that way.As i probably fail in their first screening coz i'm in wrong place.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paulaccountant

It seems independent colleges has got a good pool of lecturers. you may check with them

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

About the Distance Learning ACCA from Griffith..

The course material they send out.. is it just big thick published books that are half irrelevant to the exam... or are they a good set of concise notes written by the college?

Books that are 4 inches thick really put me off. I just don't have time to get through them.

How thick is the material for F1 for example?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CAT NAP

I also work in a multinational and worked in accounts receivable for the past year. I am half way through ACCA and got a promotion last month going from 24K to 31K.... like you i thought my career was looking bleak up to this!
    there are always opportunites in a multinational, if you hang on in there a position will come up that suits u...... does your HR dept advertise positions internally when they become available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BigBus

Hi, just saw your message

If you still have books/CD about F4, can I please borrow or buy them from you?

Thanks,
    bendog wrote: »
    I would be grateful if someone could tell me which is the best college to go to in Dublin for paper F4 & F9.

Advertisement