Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question..

Options
  • 28-01-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering if I could pick your brains for a bit. I'm a qualified Holistic & Complimentary Therapist ( and Physical Therapist in training! :rolleyes:) and I'm looking to start working from home. I'm currently working out my costs of my treatments so I have a question..

If you were coming to me for the following treatments, how much would you pay?

Swedish Full Body Massage - 1 hour

Aromatherapy Body Massage - 1 hour 15 mins (use of essential oils...)

Deep Tissue/ Sports Massage - 1 hour

Indian Head Massage (upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp) - 45 mins

De - Stress Massage (upper back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands) - 30 mins

I obviously don't want to overcharge but at the same time i don't want to be not charging enough!
    Thanks in advance!!

PS.. also i don't know why i clicked on the sad face for the title icon... oops!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i would have no idea.
    would it need to be a bit cheaper or more expensive than say, a salon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah definitely..

well i've been looking around and the general price for Aromatherapy is like €75 and €60 for Swedish so I'd be doing it for less than that anyway

So would people pay, let's say, €50 for a Aromatherapy massage?

Yeah definitely..

well i've been looking around and the general price for Aromatherapy is like €75 and €60 for Swedish so I'd be doing it for less than that anyway

So would people pay, let's say, €50 for a Aromatherapy massage?

I would! god yeah.
    especially if it really is around €75.00!!

oh yeah! there are some ridiculous prices.... 10 times worse... literally nearly 10 times worse in price if you went to the Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt for it!! Crazy money!! But i suppose some people will pay for it!!

i'd love to get into all that massage stuff.
    fair play to ya. All the best with it anyway. :)

• Advertisement

discount 10% from what they charge in a salon
    my friend is a beautician and that what she charges when doing nixers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hey there, best of luck with your new venture! I go to the Holistic Centre on Dame Street and below is the link to what they charge. Your range of therapies would be similar so i thought you could use it as a guideline.

http://www.hhc.ie/about.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Let me know how you get on, been trying to convince the mother to get back into her Reiki and Indian Head Massages!

I will, no probs.

I decided to get up off my bum and start working from home. I'm studying part time at the moment and because of my course work load there's no way i can work full time. I've been looking for a part time job 2/3 days a week but jobs seem to becoming less and less as the weeks go on so I figured I'll pick this up and see how I get on for the moment!!

Wow, the centre on dame Street charge €95 for an hour & half aroma massage!! crazy!!

I just started the thread because it is mostly women that will come for massages so was just wondering what you ladies would be willing to pay, what you find reasonable etc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

if you are in dublin i will defo book myself in for a massage! had my first ever massage on sunday and it was amazing. have a wonky shoulder from a football injury and it did wonders. WELL DONE! fanastic idea if you ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Great idea to finance yourself through study, if you have a skill like that, then defo use it!

Would, as a rule of thumb, find out what salons charge, and knock say 20 - 25%% off the price, as you are saving on overheads like premises, payroll, rates and related charges, etc.
    I know someone who does somewhat similar stuff to finance themselves through college - ie can do it from home instead of a studio/salon or commercial base, and that's the rule they tend to follow.

You'll be turning people away you'll get so many bookings, wait and see!Best of luck!

echosound wrote: »
    Great idea to finance yourself through study, if you have a skill like that, then defo use it!

Would, as a rule of thumb, find out what salons charge, and knock say 20 - 25%% off the price, as you are saving on overheads like premises, payroll, rates and related charges, etc.
    I know someone who does somewhat similar stuff to finance themselves through college - ie can do it from home instead of a studio/salon or commercial base, and that's the rule they tend to follow.

You'll be turning people away you'll get so many bookings, wait and see!Best of luck!

Yeah that's the kind of pricing i was going for. although there is one treatment the i have to charge near enough to the full price for as it requires expensive products but i'm sure people will pay it, simply because it is actually that good!! http://www.thebeautysuite.ie/danne_medi_pedi.htm

I don't know if anyones had it done but it's fab!!!!

Thanks for the support everyone. I just want to get moving on it. have been unable to work since October as i did my back in myself so am feeling a great deal better and whilst trying to get a "proper" job I figure I can earn a little money and also gain some valuable practice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering if I could pick your brains for a bit. I'm a qualified Holistic & Complimentary Therapist ( and Physical Therapist in training! :rolleyes:) and I'm looking to start working from home. I'm currently working out my costs of my treatments so I have a question..

If you were coming to me for the following treatments, how much would you pay?

Swedish Full Body Massage - 1 hour

Aromatherapy Body Massage - 1 hour 15 mins (use of essential oils...)

Deep Tissue/ Sports Massage - 1 hour

Indian Head Massage (upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp) - 45 mins

De - Stress Massage (upper back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands) - 30 mins

I obviously don't want to overcharge but at the same time i don't want to be not charging enough!
    Thanks in advance!!

PS.. also i don't know why i clicked on the sad face for the title icon... oops!!

It is generally about €45 for the hour longs and €30 for the head massages I will pm you..

discount 10% from what they charge in a salon
    my friend is a beautician and that what she charges when doing nixers

Yeah that's a decent amount for doing beauty nixers as they would have to buy more equipment etc

The only things I would have to think about cost wise would be

couch roll
    essential oils for aromatherapy massage (some can be quite expensive)
    base oils (for massage) - not that expensive at all
    and then for my Medi Pedi products are expensive

and then maybe if i'm doing it quite a bit i'll have to go get treatment myself!

What I've said provisionally is:

• Aromatherapy massage : €50 1 hour 15 mins
    • De Stress Massage: €30 30 mins
    • Deep Tissue: €40 1 hour
    • Indian Head Massage: €40 45 mins
    • Sports Massage : €60 1 hour (granted i have my physical therapy techniques also, so it's more than just sports massage)
    • Swedish Massage: €45 1 hour
    • Medi Pedi: €60 - €65 45 mins (products expensive, brilliant results)

What does everyone think? Reasonable?

[/LIST]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

How are you fixed for a massage bed?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    How are you fixed for a massage bed?

oh yeah i'm fine for that!! looking into getting new, more easily portable one actually!!

my mother trained as a holistic therapist years ago, so all that stuffs in place!

Font22 wrote: »
    if you are in dublin i will defo book myself in for a massage! had my first ever massage on sunday and it was amazing. have a wonky shoulder from a football injury and it did wonders. WELL DONE! fanastic idea if you ask me!

Hiya, sorry only saw this post now!!

Ah yes once getting a massage there's no going back!
    I'm in dire need of one myself right now!!

I can let you know when i'm up and running if you like, i'm in bray if that's any help! Sports injuries.. my favourite type of client!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It sounds fab. I would def pay €30 for a de-stress massage. I'm in Dalkey so def let us know when you're up and running. The pedi looks lovely too. I could treat myself before I go travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Good luck with your venture hope all goes well. Just a little favour, careful about asking about appointments etc there is a fine line between asking about prices and advertising your services.

Cheers

Advertisement