Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal treble - anyone see any problems?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

I rarely sports bet but I really fancy all three of these on Tuesday and Wednesday night. The best overall prices I can find are with Ladbrokes:

Arsenal vs Newcastle - 1/3
    Chelsea vs Reading - 1/4
    Man Utd vs Portsmouth - 2/7

It works out to a €205.70 return for a €100.00 stake (so just over even money).

Anyone see any logical reason why this is a bad bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Given the season Pompie are having I find it really hard to bad against them.

United's defence looked quite vunerable against Spurs also and we somewhat fortunate to win IMHO.

Also, odds aren't fantasic considering it's a treble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Maybe look at dropping the Arsenal bet (could be a dodgy draw) and add something in at evens and reduce stake to give same profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well do you think all those prices are too long? Then bet them on the treble. If you have any doubts, don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If you placed this exact bet 100 times on 100 consecutive games would you come out of it with a profit?

I seriously doubt it but if you think you would, then place the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Arsenal v Newcastle is a dodgy game. Arsenal won there last week but this could be a total different game.

Looking at Ivory Coast and Nigeria in a double for tomorrow its far safer at 7/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The draw in the Ivory Coast game is evens if not odds on. Suits both teams the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

ivory coast draw no bet at 1/3 (its very likely theyl draw, but i think a loss is absolutely out of the question)
    sunderland at home, draw no bet 4/7 (cant see them losing at home)
    mk dons at home 1/2 v an average macclesfield
    Arsenal at 3/10

bit of info below on the arsenal game. Although newcastle are starting to turn it around, i think it will be there home form that will show te major improvement, and they are still missing a good few players. just under 3/1 i think if the draw no bets actually win

I fancy the above bet, and it could well turn out to be just a double, but worth a wee punt anyways

Czech winger Tomas Rosicky is a major doubt for Arsenal with a knee injury.
    Theo Walcott is ready to fill in again on the right while Manuel Almunia should return in goal along with Bacary Sagna at right back.

Newcastle striker Mark Viduka returns after a calf problem and midfielder Emre is back from suspension.

Joey Barton could start after a change in his bail conditions but Habib Beye, Abdoulaye Faye, Geremi and Obafemi Martins are on Africa Nations Cup duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Reading have lost a big chunk of their team due to injury... So i'd put my car on a chelsea win.

Arsenal will have a tough time, the taste defeat is still in fresh and the team will be out to impress wise & there new manager!

Man Utd. - not often i dont back my own team but our defence has been poor latley and vidic may be out of the game. Although scoles is back to hold up midfield.

I dont think your bet is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

for a three game treble evens is crap odds.
    i like the nigeria ivory coast and chelsea bet...better return by far.
    thats what iv on anyway.

Advertisement