Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results of the Boards.ie Game Awards 2007

Options
  • 28-01-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Winners of the 2007 Boards.ie Video Game awards.

Platform awards
    Playstation 2 - Ōkami
    Xbox 360 - Bioshock
    Playstation 3 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Nintendo Wii - Super Mario Galaxy
    Nintendo DS - Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    PC - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    PSP - Final Fantasy Tactics

Genre Awards
    FPS - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Sports - Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
    Online - Team Fortress 2
    Action/Adventure - Super Mario Galaxy
    Racing - Project Gotham Racing 4
    RPG - Mass Effect
    Sim - This category was dropped due to lack of nominations...
    Strategy - Company of Heroes: Opposing fronts

Miscellaneous awards
    Story - Bioshock
    Character - GlaDOS (Portal)
    Hottie of the year - Jade Raymond (Producer of Assassin's Creed)
    Soundtrack - Portal
    Villian - GlaDOS (Portal)
    Biggest Disappointment - The Playstation 3

GAME OF THE YEAR
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Sorry about taking so long this year folks, but we got there in the end:)
    You can see a full list of the past winners here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gwan the cod \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Happy enough with those winners!

Although how the hell did Pro Evo 2008 with the 'Sports Genre' with that horrific online play? Must have been slim-pickings there! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

basquille wrote: »
    Happy enough with those winners!

Although how the hell did Pro Evo 2008 with the 'Sports Genre' with that horrific online play? Must have been slim-pickings there! :eek:

Because it's still a fantastic game.

Anyone with real life friends can still enjoy some fantastic multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,911 ✭✭✭✭Basq

WellyJ wrote: »
    Anyone with real life friends can still enjoy some fantastic multiplayer.
    They didn't mention that in the promotional material..

** grumble **

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Good for COD4, great game.

I'm happy so long as Portal didn't get the best FPS :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As much as I love CoD 4 mario galaxy kicks it's ass.

And how the hell did Portal get best soundtrack with only only 1 bloody song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And how the hell did Portal get best soundtrack with only only 1 bloody song!

That one was a major disappointment for me too. Even if "still alive" is a fantastic song, the novelty factor of it wears off after listening to it a few times outside of the game.
    Metroid Prime, Bioshock and Mario Galaxy were all miles ahead with their incredibly immersive or just downright fantastic (Mario Galaxy) soundtracks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm despite having a wonderful online mode, I don't think CoD deserves Goty over Portal or Mario Galaxy.

Other than that, can't really argue with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bahaha

Captain price should have won the the best character tbh.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,055 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How did Jade win the best character? She's not even a character! Or is she... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Not too sure about CoD 4 being GoTY but just how many horny nerds voted in Jade "i swear i'm not a cheap marketing ploy" Raymond as character of the year?

Bloody hell lads, i know she has b00bs and all, but lets stop getting crazy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

interesting year.

Just for a bit of feedback, how did people feel about how they were done this year? Also did the favourite/underdog tags help/annoy/didnt matter to your voting? I thought they might have got some people to stop and think before voting on if the game was their favourite or not in that catagory.

I'm happy so long as Portal didn't get the best FPS

God people cant seem to let that argument die, its one of two of the little annoying things that kept popping up.

The other being the amount of complaints on the lack of nominations in the PS3 catagory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not too sure about CoD 4 being GoTY but just how many horny nerds voted in Jade "i swear i'm not a cheap marketing ploy" Raymond as character of the year?

Bloody hell lads, i know she has b00bs and all, but lets stop getting crazy here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055210923
    21 apparently:p
    The award should really have been called hottie of the year, as it has always been purely for the hornier gamers among us.
    For every complaint that Jade Raymond was included, there would have been 4 people complaining that she wasn't included...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

tman wrote: »
    The award should really have been called hottie of the year, as it has always been purely for the hornier gamers among us.
    For every complaint that Jade Raymond was included, there would have been 4 people complaining that she wasn't included...

Jade Raymond FTW!!!! tbh :o

Edgeworth was robbed, ROBBED I TELLS YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

just how many horny nerds voted in Jade "i swear i'm not a cheap marketing ploy" Raymond as character of the year?

Cos good lookin girls couldn't possibly make decent video game producers.

Cos good lookin girls couldn't possibly make decent video game producers.

Having played Assasins Creed i guess not....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Having played Assasins Creed i guess not....
    Fair enough. Just find it a shame that she produces one game you dont like and therefore is only there for her looks. Not that I'm a flag-waving feminist or anything but I imagine its opinions like yours that discourage female presence in the video game industry.

Either succeed or be condemned to "only-here-for-eye candy" category forever.

Slightly more on topic though - I've just landed home from a years travelling and have so much catching up to do on the gaming front. This thread has helped that considerably now that I know my targets. Sometimes the commercial "top 10" lists are filled with hype. Better to see the public vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

CoD4 ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I think if COD4 had been released a month earlier it would have won the online game award .....it feels like it has really taken off in the last few weeks and tf2 has died down .

As for how the awards were run , it all seemed to go smoothly enough and I can't see of any other way that would be better .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yaaaa Gwan Teh Tf2!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

cod4 thoroughly deserves goty for its fresh take on FPS gaming and the innovation it brings to the genre, not to mention the fantastic AI, superb, original storyline and excellent voice acting.

[/sarcasm]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

huh??!!i never know the existance of this voting!!or is it ever open to vote??

edit:
    lord...i just find out we have game awards forum...better do some ads over here next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Just for a bit of feedback, how did people feel about how they were done this year? Also did the favourite/underdog tags help/annoy/didnt matter to your voting? I thought they might have got some people to stop and think before voting on if the game was their favourite or not in that catagory.

I thought it went pretty well. The tags were a nice touch. I wouldn't of said that they'd influence my choices at all, but it's good to have a guide as to how the nominations went.

All in all, it went pretty well. Huzzah for those who organised and for those who voted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

mcgovern wrote: »
    CoD4 ftw!

ftw = for the win...but it already won!?

It'd be interesting to see how many people that voted for ps3 for disappointment of the year own a ps3? Im not saying that there isn't people who bought it and were disappointed but it would be interesting.

Pro Evo winning the sports genre is a disgrace! I was the biggest pro fanboy there is and a game that lags on a console shouldn'd be released! They wouldn't of got away with it 5 years ago, they just have such a strong fanbase that they'll get away with it. Offline still lags on the ps3 when there is alot of people up one end of the pitch. Just not good enough... should have been up there for disappointment of the year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

0ubliette wrote: »
    cod4 thoroughly deserves goty for its fresh take on FPS gaming and the innovation it brings to the genre, not to mention the fantastic AI, superb, original storyline and excellent voice acting.

[/sarcasm]

Captain Pryce would have been more believable if he was a 2D piece of cardboard running around the levels.

Did really enjoy CoD4 but for me Portal and Galaxy are so much more deserving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Always going to be hard for a game that comes on only one platform to beat one that comes on all. Maybe even up twice as much people own COD compared to galaxy (no fact here , just guessing seeing as you could own COD on a ps3 ,pc or 360 ) so it was playing catchup from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

COD4 and PGR4 = w00t!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm so proud to be the Moderator of the Forum for the "Boards.ie Game Of The Year 2007"! :D

And I didn't even vote myself as I wasn't aware of such awards?!?! I'll be keeping an eye on the Game Awards forum from now on! ;)

CoD4 FTW!!! :D

Advertisement