Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Spices online

• 28-01-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I've yet to go to a supermarket - even the big ones - that has a proper selection of spices. I dont want to buy a schwarz jar everytime I run out of a spice, and the selection of refills is even worse than the selection of jars. The refills and jars are also very small. I use a lot of spices and would like to order them online.....can anybody recommend a supplier?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

No idea about online (I'd be interested too) but have you had a look in the Asian Market in Drury Street. You can get bags of stuff for about the same price as the little jars you buy in the supermarkets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I've noticed Tesco are now selling bigger, no-name containers of spices like garam masala, chilli powder for about the same price as the small schwartz jars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gail-P

I've just bought different spices and ingredients for Indian food from Natco.com - they were reasonable price and posted to Ireland as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I bought one of those new big tubs of Paprika in Tesco. Seems to do the job.
    Any body know how they rate? Is there a noticeable difference in brand names?

I bought the Tesco's own brand stuff before and it really made a difference, a bad difference. Specifically the chilli powder. I thought I lost my cooking mojo until I discovered the difference with the Schwartz one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement