Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science Project

Options
  • 28-01-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hey, I was wondering, does anyone know any good websites for getting Ag science project material? I'm doing my project on sheep and can't find any half decent places to get good material.
    So if anyone knows any good sites, please tell me.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnculloty

http://www.teachnet.ie/farmnet/index2.htm as good as it gets my man! your welcome in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Oklahoma State University has a good website on animal breeds (cattle, sheep and pigs)

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/sheep/

a lot of the stuff on teachnet was taken from there.

A word of advice: I examine Ag Science projects and it gets extremely monotonous reading the same information from the same websites in every single school. If you have the opportunity (depending on where you're living) go out to a farm in the area or visit an Agricultural Science college and get some information there and take some photos of the livestock. It shows that you had the initiative to do something original rather than just copy everything off the internet.

I will never forget reading a line in a project where the student had copied the paragraph straight from an internet website and had obviously never read what he copied (which is common enough) ... it went 'It's relaxing to take a sheep for a walk' I was nearly in tears laughing.

The best projects show originality and personal experience of a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Go to Teagasc and get some workbooks on sheep management

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Thanks for all your replies:D, those sites are great, and I got leaflets on sheep today from teagasc.
    Thanks again.
    Paddy:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

'It's relaxing to take a sheep for a walk' I was nearly in tears laughing.
    In fairness, it could have been worse ...

>_>

<_<

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement