Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commissioner of Oaths

Options
  • 28-01-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Evening,

I'm looking to get in contact with a commissioner of the oaths.

Anyone know if there is one on campus or where I could find one in the area?

Cheers,

Ixus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

A Commissioner for Oaths is usually (not always though) a solicitor and as far as I know a currently practising solicitor is entitled to administer oaths. So if you can find a solicitor you should be in business. The fee is something like €10 per sigature to have a statement signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

The easiest way to find out your local "commisioner" is ask at the local garda station. The gardai use these people every day, and there not automatically a solicitor. You must be appointed to do this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Thanks guys,

I was aware of both of the above but was hoping that there might be one on campus. :confused:

Will contact the garda shichalony tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Am I the only person who hasnt a clue what "a commissioner of the oaths" is:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

they just witness signatures on legal documents really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

cooperguy wrote: »
    Am I the only person who hasnt a clue what "a commissioner of the oaths" is:confused:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/civil-law/commissioners_for_oaths

There ya go that should enlighten you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

And there was me thinking it was something out of the horse whisperer... :eek:

Advertisement