Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budabar - Where abouts is it?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I know it around Blanch Shopping Centre but where exactly?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The Budabar is gone! AFAIK there's a restaurant three now. If you want to find the building, its beside McDonalds and Extravision at the Western end of the Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

Hey,

Are there any nice bars around the blanchardstown area, without having to venture out into the centre?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cruisers in Tyrellstown is ok... but don't go near heaven, it's a kip, or any of the other pubs in Blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

TomPich wrote: »
    Hey,

Are there any nice bars around the blanchardstown area, without having to venture out into the centre?

Thanks

That a look at the what is your local thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055174755

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

deswalsh wrote: »
    The Budabar is gone! AFAIK there's a restaurant three now. If you want to find the building, its beside McDonalds and Extravision at the Western end of the Centre

Its a furniture shop now called the Banana Tree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Isn't there a dispute going on at the moment with the landlords/tennants about the impending demolishion of the Buddabar to make way for a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hey,

Thanks

The Carpenter is a nice pub..... The Clonsilla inn can be good crack, usually have live music.... The 12th lock is nice too, lovely food....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brianwilliams82

Not really a pub person, but the Roselawn Inn in the (surprise!) Roselawn shopping centre is pretty nice. Especially for sports - big screen for the big rugby games, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The Roselawn is that rare beast....a decent pub built on top of a shopping precinct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

murphaph wrote: »
    The Roselawn is that rare beast....a decent pub built on top of a shopping precinct.
    Tell Sid I was asking for him.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

A pub in a shopping centre is to be avoided at all costs no matter where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

The Clonsilla Inn is nice and The Bell in Blanchardstown Village is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Arcadian wrote: »
    Isn't there a dispute going on at the moment with the landlords/tennants about the impending demolishion of the Buddabar to make way for a hotel?

Doubt that 2 hotels will be built at the Blanch centre. Crowne Plaza is currently being built - over near PC world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

XJR wrote: »
    A pub in a shopping centre is to be avoided at all costs no matter where it is.

Why?

Its a nice pub! No hassle at all either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Ah, you'd miss Myos and the walk to The End (and the sticking to the floor), wouldn't you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Arcadian wrote: »

By the way it always surprises me how vocal those tennants [sic] are...and I thought it was a drink.

I'd personally recommend Bradys or The Twelfth Lock, but I only tend to go out locally when wanting something quiet. My pet hate is the bar in the Castleknock Hotel and Country Club - reminds me of an airport terminal, a fact I shared with my mate's now wife - the architect. The Carpenter isn't bad for what it is. My dad drinks in the Roselawn so that's a no-no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Was in TGI Fridays in the centre recently with the kids, and discovered that people actually go there to drink. If you like noisy noisy bars and the smell of fried food its the place to be. Personally I was glad when I finally got .out of the place. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Was in TGI Fridays in the centre recently with the kids, and discovered that people actually go there to drink.

They were probably using their Tesco Clubcard Vouchers. You know the
    promotion where you can get 4 times the face value of the voucher in TGI's.

Murt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

I know it around Blanch Shopping Centre but where exactly?

Thanks

Yeah it's beside the Mc Donalds Drive-thru near the yellow entrance.

As someone said, the Banana Tree furniture shop is there now, not great either though.
    Cruisers in Tyrellstown is ok... but don't go near heaven, it's a kip, or any of the other pubs in Blanchardstown

I don't agree with that ... there's plenty of decent pubs in the Blanchardstown/Clonsilla/Castleknock area. What's wrong with the Clonsilla Inn (live music), The Rosie (warm and cosy), Myo's in Castleknock (nice too) and the Vineyard or what ever the pub is under that is nice too !!! ;)
    Was in TGI Fridays in the centre recently with the kids, and discovered that people actually go there to drink. If you like noisy noisy bars and the smell of fried food its the place to be. Personally I was glad when I finally got .out of the place. Each to their own I suppose.

Yeah, I like drinkin in TGI's the odd time, but mainly only if we're eating too ... they're cocktails are lovely !!! :p

Advertisement